facebook

diversity?

by: gabby

Alright so ill be transferring in the fall as a sophomore, will it be difficult for me to join a sorority as a sophomore? Are the sororities here stereotypical blonde white girls or do I have a chance being well indian? Would be great to know as rushing is something that is very important to m

Posted By: gabby
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: mile high   

Please take a look at all the CU sorority websites for photos of our mixed houses...your race does not matter!

Personality, skill set, activities and grades are important touchstones weighed during recruitment. And do take a look at the financial requirements of CU sorority membership, as money weighs more heavily on some women than others.

Read better online sorority information websites (this site is pretty rank by comparison) including that of CU's Greek Life offices.

The poised, polished and polite mindset you bring to the table as a potential new member will stand you in good stead during recruitment this Fall. Good Luck!

Just an extra FYI if you have a difficult major it may be impossible for you to juggle schoolwork and sorority activities, but you will have to make that decision.

By: mile high
#2  by: Current member    

Hi there! So I will be completely honest with you it will be a little harder rushing as a sophomore but don't be discouraged by it! What makes it hard is just the sheer amount of girls who rush and as much as we would like to give every single girl a bid because they are wonderful, we have caps for how many girls we can have. I would not say I'm in the most diverse house but I can tell you that so many of the houses here are diverse! Don't let that be a factor because we look for personality, grades, activities, etc the most! Race is never part of our decisions.

By: Current member

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.