facebook

Greek Life at UC

by: PNM

I’m on the fence about going through recruitment this fall. Is it worth it?

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Current sorority member   

Absolutely not. You are paying a bunch of money for pretty much nothing, and the majority of girls don’t actually make any friends. Looking at my sorority, and all sororities are the same, most girls don’t have a group of friends.

By: Current sorority member
by: PanhellenicMemberJun 1, 2022 2:05:51 PM

No hate, but why are you still a member of your chapter then?

By: PanhellenicMember
#2  by: PanhellenicMember   

The person’s post above this, while it may be true for them, it’s not true for everyone. You get out of your Greek life experience what you put in it. If you participate in events, live in the house, join exec or other committees, etc. you will make great friends. If you show up to chapter every week and go to just formal, it will be difficult for you to make real genuine friends. There are so many different types of girls in every chapter and you will find at least a few girls that you click with. Something else to note is that you shouldn’t put all your eggs in one basket and you should try to make friends outside your chapter too. Greek life is a great organization for those who are open-minded and want something genuine and exciting to participate in. I enjoy my chapter so much that even the “boring” stuff like officer meetings are fun to me because I get to be around girls I love. Not everyone’s experiences are the same, but in reality, you shape your own experience in Greek life with the energy you give to the chapter and others.

By: PanhellenicMember
by: FunnyJun 8, 2022 1:01:47 PM

That’s funny because I was on my chapters executive committee for 3 years and I never made any real friends.

By: Funny
#3  by: mom   

it is a great way to meet new people and if you don't love any of the houses you can drop.

By: mom
#4  by: rallypossum   

sorority recruitment is a must do in my book. there quite literally is no reason to not go through the process. you will meet new people, learn about different organizations on campus and see if it’s a good fit for you. so many people have the idea that if you go through formal recruitment you have to join a sorority, which so isn’t the case. you could get to the last round, decide you didn’t like it and drop with no strings attached (and even then decide to do informal later if you haven’t signed an mraba). I personally have no clue why more people don’t rush at UC because it’s such a great way to meet new people.

By: rallypossum

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.