facebook

how competitive is sorority rush?

by: rushgirl

How intense is it? like do a lot of girls not get bids (especially speaking about the main 3?) or are most girls able to get the one they want?

i heard that like half of girls get cut and its freaking me out a little...

Posted By: rushgirl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: gr33klyfe   

Sorority rush at UChicago is not nearly as intense as it is at a big state school. In years past, everyone was guaranteed a bid, but that's not necessarily the case anymore, as more and more girls are going through recruitment. However, I'd say that if you go through rush, there's like a 90-95% chance you'll get a bid. From my experience, most girls are very happy with the sorority they end up in.

By: gr33klyfe
by: progressSep 14, 2014 12:42:45 AM

umm... things have changed so much
last years pc's had a bit of a rougher time getting bids
i think it was like 65:35 for getting bids and not.
Pi Phis are the least competitive bid wise, followed by DG. AOPi and Theta were tied for equal competitiveness according to Panhell discussions.

By: progress
#2  by: ^   

Weird. You would think DG would be more sought after than AOIi

By: ^
by: ASep 15, 2014 2:16:17 PM

AOII had a really good rush last year so a lot of girls wanted them but got cut; DG cut too many girls so had to pick up from who was cut by AOII/Theta....thats what I heard at least

By: A
by: GreekSep 21, 2014 8:02:54 PM

I wouldn't believe the fact that DG was less competitive than AOII or Theta. These numbers are normally only known by the individual sororities.

By: Greek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.