facebook

do upperclassmen get sorority bids?

by: chicity

(pretty self-explanatory, but if not, i was in one of the dorms with minimal greek life, hoping its not too late to rush, you get the drift)

Posted By: chicity
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: qurl   

yeah you can definitely get in as an upperclassman! maybe not as a fourth year, but definitely as a second year and even as a third year.

By: qurl
#2  by: gr33klyfe   

Yep. I'd say as an upperclassman, the sorority most likely to give you a bid would be Pi Phi. (They gave some bids to fourth years last year.) Third years are less likely to get bids than first/second years, but it's entirely possible and has happened in years past. Tons of second years go through rush every year, so if that's your case, I wouldn't worry at all. I hope this helps!

By: gr33klyfe
by: thirdyrSep 9, 2014 11:31:08 PM

do third years get bids from the others? not that I wouldn't be open to Pi Phi, though it would be preferable if i had a shot at each to be sure i got the one that fit me best

By: thirdyr
#3  by: gr33klyfe   

@thirdyr - if I'm not mistaken, I think DG and AOII gave out bids to a couple of third years last year. Not that many third years go through rush, so it is a bit of anomaly, but it's really not a huge mark against you. I'll be very honest, though, and say that it probably helps quite a bit if you're already friends with girls within the sororities.

By: gr33klyfe

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.