facebook

how hard is it to get a bid here?

by: adsfghjkl

Do any girls not get a bid here? How many girls drop out?

Posted By: adsfghjkl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: 11   

Bids happen once a year during 2nd week of Autumn quarter. It depends on the sorority as to how many girls drop out and get bids. Hardest to get a bid at Theta, so they're more selective.

By: 11
#2  by: classo15   

Theta is not the hardest to get a bid from, they have a very specific type, if you meet that criteria then you'll likely get a bid. But it's getting harder each year because more and more people want to join, like only 99 ish girls got bids last year of 200 to go through or sign up.Pi Phi does spring recruitment and some of the multicultural sororities.

By: classo15
#3  by: ll   

did really only half of the girls last year get bids? i thought it was a lot more

By: ll
by: UndecidedApr 15, 2014 11:24:18 PM

A large number of women dropped out half way through the process and there were some at the end that weren't matched. Its an intense weekend and it's a large commitment combined with school work load, not to mention the intense rules that have to be followed but then only some people do... It's intimidating for something that's supposed to be fun. A lot of women choose to go through second year to see if they have time for it with the UChicago work load or do informal recruitment. Pi Phi did informal all three quarters as the newest group on campus, but informal winter recruitment has been known to be practiced by DG, AOII, and Theta depending on quota and dropout rates

By: Undecided
#4  by: classof16   

Do any third years get bids? I really regret not rushing but I don't know if that's kind of weird

By: classof16
by: Fourth yearApr 26, 2014 8:23:57 AM

Third years certainly get bids. There were a couple of third years this year this year that did formal recruitment and received bids, and a lot of second years. People tend to wait at UChicago anyway, and there are even fourth years that joined the newest one under informal recruitment.

By: Fourth year
#5  by: bidplz   

I thought most girls got bids at uchi…is that not the case? Do a lot not get bids? (does anybody know roughly how many got bids this year…?)

By: bidplz

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.