facebook

rush

by: uchi22

I'm definitely going to rush this fall. Which sororities are worth rushing and what girls in each sorority are worth getting to know? Don't want to take a bid from girls that are nice only during rush.

Posted By: uchi22
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: stop   

Honestly sick of seeing posts like this. ALL sororities are worth rushing. I mean seriously- we only have four sororities, with a wide variety of girls in every one. It's not like each sorority only takes carbon copies of one type of girl. You will find an abundance of nice girls in every sorority. And you don't "rush" one sorority. You go through formal recruitment where you visit all four and get to know the girls in each, and they decide whether or not you would be a good fit. Go into rush with an open mindset. I got my second choice sorority, and yet I know that I love my sisters and have met some of my best friends through my sorority.

Any comments you see on this website telling you one sorority or another is "not worth rushing" or getting to know are written by frat boys or a few girls who have strong and petty grudges against certain organizations (usually due to a bad interaction with a single girl) and feel the need to take it out on here with awful, false comments and generalizations because they have nothing better to do with their time. The best place to decide where you feel you would fit is during formal recruitment, when you have been to all four sororities. Don't attempt to make that decision before you have set foot on campus or even met/talked to any of the girls in any of the sororities. If you go into recruitment with the mindset you seem to have right now, you're going to end up choosing a certain organization and shunning a ton of girls based purely on the letters they wear and some anonymous comments you found on the internet. That is not sisterhood, and if you aren't rushing for the sisterhood, you shouldn't be rushing at all.

By: stop
by: greekAug 16, 2018 12:06:15 PM

don't bother going DG if you're not an athlete you'll get left out it's so cliquey

By: greek
#2  by: greek   

pi phi never makes quota and a lot of girls drop. Don't waste your time with them.

By: greek
by: greekrankAug 16, 2018 2:36:38 PM

False. Pi phi had a large pledge class this past year.

By: greekrank
by: sororityAug 31, 2018 10:42:21 AM

pi phi doesn't that many relevant people and the few that are aren't treated well by the rest. they would be better if they didn't ostracize the pretty girls in the sorority.

By: sorority

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.