facebook

pike legacy freshman

by: Legacy

So I am a current first semester freshman whose dad was a PIKE at Miami in the late 80s. He really wants me to join PIKE and keep the tradition going but as far as I know PIKE is no longer on campus.

What's the deal with that? Are they coming back on campus before I graduate? If there are no brothers left how does the recruitment process work. I heard the Alpha Sig house is owned by PIKE will I have a chance of living in there before I graduate?

Also, what other frats should I check out that have been consistently good over the years so my dad isn't ashamed of me. He told me that back in the day the only frat worth doing was PIKE, but thats clearly not the case anymore.

Posted By: Legacy
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Honest   

^ She's exaggerating a little bit but got the basic gist. Pike went underground following suspension, but their relevancy began to wain shortly after, as most underground frats do. It's likely they'll come back in the future, but it's doubtful it'd be before you were a senior.

In past years when Pike has been suspended, bros who would have gone to them disperse to various other frats. You can surf greek rank to get a basic idea of where the rankings are, though everything should be taken with a grain of salt (since all rankings are typically pretty biased). pick out 4 or 5 over this semester who you'd consider, and go into rush with an open mind.

By: Honest
#2  by: Former Pike   

However a week before the decision to remove our chapter by the school, Pike nations stepped in and suspended our charter.

So where does that leave us now? Because Pike nationals suspended us, they will be in charge of re-instating us. I graduated and cannot speak to their status in the past few years. But if a group applied to have the chapter re-chartered after the suspension is up it will be up to nationals. The charter could apply for re-chartering at the earliest Fall 2016/Spring 2017, but this date was not specified as concrete. That being said there is a good chance they will be back while you’re on campus. Do not try to join any underground Pike you here about, and I’d say the next best alternative is Sig Chi.

By: Former Pike

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.