facebook

what's up with pike?

by: legacy

Till when are they suspended off campus? and how does rushing work when they come back? is it worth waiting to rush them or should i rush another frat. I am an incoming freshman and my dad was a pike here in the 80s and wants me to keep the tradition going. would i have an easier time becoming a brother or would i still have to pledge?

Posted By: legacy
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Honestly   

You can dirty rush still but you will never be recognized by nationals. Even if pike comes back, they will not recognize anyone that currently affiliates with them at UM. They are on a temp suspension until 2018, however the school is talking about permanently kicking them off as they did at FIU. If they current "members" continue to dirty rush and keep a "presence" the school and nationals will either push the suspension further or completely get rid of it. UM administration doesn't like Greek orgs and the only thing that was holding pike a spot at Miami was the $14mil property that is now under contract with Alphasig, who are trying to buy it out. I would recommend having ur dad talk to other alumni and nationals to see what's up, I'm giving you info based on my connections with UM admin but I'm sure he can get more info for you. Sucks man, I know what it is to be legacy and it's not far you can't get that too. Best of luck bud!

By: Honestly
#2  by: Sucks   

Too bad you weren't born a lil later maybe you could of lived in that insane house they'll have when they come back on campus. As far as I know PIKE isn't coming back till Spring 2017 meaning that you'll have to wait a two full years before being able to rush them. So you'll be a second semester sophomore, something i wouldn't do. IN my opinion check out some other frats, pike was the best frat at UM for many years but times have changed. The university hates being associated as a party school, and sadly thats all pike has ever been good for: throwing parties and being tools.

By: Sucks
#3  by: Yo   

For real though, they prob aren't coming back. UM is actually trying to shrink Greek life and they will take whatever reason they can to get ride of any frat/sorority.

By: Yo

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.