facebook

My thoughts on bid day

by: Yay

Congrats to you everyone who found their home!

Top: DPhiE and SDT -> both houses got similar groups, with the most popular freshman friend groups split between the two
Upper top: Zeta - did very well and almost equal with DPhiE and SDT. Got a lot of great girls
Upper mid: ADPI - great house, but lower than Zeta now
Mid: Tridelt - did alright, about their usual
Lower: Pi Phi and ChiO. Both of these houses have some open spots and are worth a look if you dropped from rush

Posted By: Yay
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Ok   

Does Tri Delt have open spots?

By: Ok
#2  by: Rc   

I agree except I’d switch ADpi and Zeta. Girls I talked to all loved ADpi and only had ok opinions of Zeta because “they’re supposed to be good” but less girls genuinely liked them. Zeta didn’t make quota and had to do a bunch of snap bids while ADpi got some really sought after pnms.

By: Rc
by: LolJan 15, 2024 7:33:45 PM

Lol sure. I’m not even in ZTA and I know they def made quota. Nice try though! Why so negative?

By: Lol
by: RcJan 15, 2024 7:48:17 PM

Well my roommate and 2 other girls I know all got snap bids from Zeta and they were told they could snap because they didn’t make quota so 🤷🏼‍♀️

Like no hate to Zeta, I’m surprised they had snaps,

By: Rc
by: snap bidsJan 15, 2024 7:50:28 PM

Snap bids might mean a house is short a few bids from quota, but it's not a big deal. A girl on tiktok said she got a snap bid from zeta, good for her. they're pretty rare so glad that some girls were able to get them.

By: snap bids
by: correctionJan 15, 2024 8:05:48 PM

girls a note from Panhellenic that all the groups but two made quota (and the two were chi o and pi phi). Snap bids are given by a group that has open spots because of TOTAL not quota. Every one of our groups had a couple open spots because of total going up slightly but it's up to each group to decide if and when to use them. so a group like zta or sdt or anyone could choose for example to give those snap bids to girls they wanted from their list or at anytime or never, up to them. so if you get one on bid day good for you! that is perfect timing for all. just wanted to clarify. nothing negative about it and groups filling spots to total is a good thing!!!!! Just don't want anyone trying to use misinformation to spread negative or false info. lets support each other to make our Greek system stronger!!!

By: correction
by: CuriousJan 15, 2024 8:27:14 PM

How many girls did Pi Phi and Chi O get?

By: Curious
#3  by: ??   

How many spots does each sorority have open??

By: ??
by: IdkJan 15, 2024 1:35:43 PM

It’s hard to say. No one but chapter exec and Panhellenic knows. If they really did something with total that could mean a few more than there otherwise would have been. Basically all you need to know from a practically standpoint is chi o and pi phi most likely have enough that they will publically COB, and they will probably be able to take you if they like you because even if they were close to quota, they’re prob below total.
Quota -base point of how many girls can be in a pledge class, set by panhel every year
Total- average amount of girls in a chapter.
So a chapter could meet one, and not the other, or meet quota but still have spots cuz of total. How and if they fill them is up to them. Some chapters actually won’t cob even if they can because they think it will hurt their rep, my chapter made quota one year and did it anyway because nationals wanted us to get to total. Just depends on the org

By: Idk
#4  by: Really?   

Really? Can’t we just agree that recruitment was a success? does there really need to be this kind of opinionated talk? Ick. There is no top middle or bottom rank if it’s the right group for you. What is top to one would be a nightmare to be part of for someone else so let’s just keep it positive and congratulate the chapters and all the new members. Honestly, we can do better than this post.

By: Really?
#5  by: Eh   

This is kinda off. Deeph did better than SDT (not that they did bad or anything), although SDT’s bid day theme was the best.

I also agree that ADPi did better than Zeta. Tridelt did well for where they are too.

By: Eh
by: nahJan 15, 2024 7:30:47 PM

nah deeph didn’t do better, I’d argue the opposite

By: nah
by: NoJan 15, 2024 7:37:58 PM

Not a chance adpi did better than ZTA lol. But they did well! SDT, Deeph, and ZTA all super strong. Everyone else had good nm classes too.

By: No

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.