facebook

transferring & rushing

by: fivestar

I'm considering transferring to UM next semester and was hoping to join a sorority. Is there informal recruitment in the fall? Also, from what I've been told I'd get along well with DPhiE, is there a decent chance that I would get a bid from them as a sophomore?

Posted By: fivestar
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Panhell<3   

First, congrats on coming to the U! You'll love it no matter what. As far as I'm aware, no sororities on campus (besides maybe Chi O that's just starting up) does informal rush in the fall. Sororities who don't receive enough members to fit their quota usually do informal rush after formal rush in the spring- only Kappa and TriDelta had to do it last time. I'm not too sure about DPhiE's general trend with recruitment, but from what I could tell last year a good amount of Sophomores rushed and didn't have that much of a disadvantage compared to the freshmen. You can also e-mail the recruitment chairs of different sororities if you have any questions for them! They are usually listed on their website. Best of luck! :)

By: Panhell<3

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.