facebook

sae act

by: Teal421

Just read N&O article about new law that lets student have an attorney when meeting with Student Affairs staffers. More importantly, the new law was written because the UNCW Greek office and the Dean of Students held a kangaroo court to suspend SAE. So the SAE's went and got a law passed so that other fraternities and sororities don't get treated the same way. Its the first law like this in the nation which is inpressive. The new law is called the Students and Administrative Equality Act or SAE Act. Too cool!!!! The Greek Community thanks SAE!!!

Posted By: Teal421
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 4
#11  by: Wiki   

Dean Walker is sneaky about how he treats different fraternities compared to his own TKE and anyone that talks to TKE national could confirm it. He's also figuring ways around the new law which is typical.

By: Wiki
by: HawkDec 11, 2013 2:55:13 AM

Dean Walker had no part in dealing with TKE due to the obvious conflict of interest. The matter was handled by Assistant Dean of Students/supervisor of the Coordinator for fraternity and sorority life, Dr. Chip Phillips.

By: Hawk
#12  by: Monitor   

These guys are just ignoring the new law. Now that's a shock!

By: Monitor
#13  by: legalShip   

Excellent law created because of the need to give students a fair chance against university administrators that are already protected by legal counsel. This was much needed!!!

By: legalShip
#14  by: Cornerstone    

Not sure the new law will help ease the stop and frisk policy student affairs has when I walk in my dorm but impressed others are willing to fight a horrible administration when it comes to basic rights.

By: Cornerstone
#15  by: tbh2   

the anti-Greek attitude of the admin people should come as no surprise to anyone when you have liberals working in the student affairs office pushing their liberal agenda. We need to all join the SAE's and stick together and when we become alumni hold out on contributing any money until these people leave.

By: tbh2
#16  by: GreekHawk   

The law is needed and not just at UNCW. But it's crazy that a law got passed because of the abuses of our very own Dean.

By: GreekHawk
#17  by: Belk2   

While I think the law is cool and all I just don't think it goes far enough to protect students.

By: Belk2
#18  by: Hawker   

This law does go far enough so I like it but it's just a start.

By: Hawker
#19  by: X factor   

The old Greek advisor knew the real deal and left for a reason. It's just a matter of time before real changes take place. Thanks SAE!!!

By: X factor
#20  by: Lumina   

Article today about this new law being started in Virginia and it's modeled after the law here at UNCW. Kinda cool for them and makes our administration look terrible.

By: Lumina

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.