facebook

recruitment

by: just wondering

I'm transferring from a much larger school and am going to rush in the fall. I was wondering what the sorority recruitment was like. How much pressure they put on the girls, what kind of things to wear to each of these events, etc. My previous school was extremely strict about all of it.

Posted By: just wondering
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: uncc   

It's fairly relaxed here compared to big schools. Contact UNCC Panhellenic for more specific information (you can search for them on facebook)

By: uncc
#2  by: PHA   

Hey! I'm a member of a sorority at UNCC, and I would definitely say that recruitment is pretty relaxed here. We practice values based recruitment, meaning that each sorority and each potential new member mutually select each other based on shared values, rather than physical appearance. However, as sorority life at Charlotte is getting larger, chapters are getting more and more selective. You must have at least a 2.5 GPA to participate, but my sorority, and I know many others, won't accept anyone with lower than a 3.0. We look for highly involved, well rounded girls who have something special to bring to our chapter. That being said, while most sororities would say that they don't select based on looks, its important to always present your best self! If you're curious as to what to wear, check out UNCC Panhellenic on Facebook and look through the photos, there was a photo shoot done last summer where recruitment counselors and PHA exec modeled what to wear each day of recruitment! And if that doesn't work, definitely come out to some of the pre recruitment events and meet some sisters! If you do sign up for recruitment you'll be assigned an SRC, and she'll make sure you're completely prepared for the process! Good luck, and go Greek!

By: PHA

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.