facebook

kappa sigma suspended!!!

by: IFC

www.wbtv.com/story/38106812/fraternity-chapter-suspended-aft er-unc-charlotte-students-deadly-fall-from-party-bus

The above link is the recent article regarding the suspension of Kappa Sigma Fraternity.

A UNC Charlotte fraternity chapter has been suspended after a 20-year-old student died after falling off a party bus Tuesday evening.

UNC Charlotte sophomore Polly Miranda Rogers was riding a Charlotte Party Charter bus when she fell out of the emergency window around 10:30 p.m. in the 4500 block of N Tryon Street. Rogers was then struck by two vehicles, police said. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

The Kappa Sigma Fraternity suspended the operations of the Kappa-Omega Chapter at UNC Charlotte as the investigation into the deadly incident continues.

According to the police report, alcohol was being consumed on the bus, but alcohol use as a factor in Rogers' death is still under investigation. Several of Rogers' friends said Kappa Sigma was the group who rented the party bus.

Thursday, Kappa Sigma released the following statement on the fraternity chapter's suspension:

“The Brothers of the Kappa Sigma Fraternity are deeply saddened by the tragic loss of Polly Rogers. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Rogers family and to her loved ones. The Kappa Sigma Fraternity has suspended the operations of our Kappa-Omega Chapter at the University of North Carolina Charlotte , and we are in the process of conducting an investigation of the event on Tuesday evening. The Kappa Sigma Fraternity will fully cooperate with all investigations of the University and local authorities.”

Charlotte Party Charter owner Victor Rabb said there were about 55 to 60 people on the bus when the trip started at UNCC's campus. The bus was headed to a bar in uptown Charlotte from an off-campus home on Mallard Creek Road - where Kappa Sigma is located - when Rogers fell out.

Posted By: IFC
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Oh Well....   

That's another fraternity that bites the dust.

By: Oh Well....
#2  by: SORORITY   

Oh, this isn’t good. I can smell multiple suspensions, lawsuits and possible arrests for supplying minors. This could blow up and affect Greek life for years to come.

By: SORORITY
#3  by: ?   

i don't get why their nationals suspended them. like at all. it was a freak accident and it wasn't like kappa sig or zeta forced her to drink and fall out of the bus.

By: ?
by: GREEK May 4, 2018 4:42:53 PM

You clearly don’t get risk management issues or responsibility. The party bus was in KAPPA SIG’S name. THEY are legally responsible for the safety of those on the bus and what happens on the bus. SOMEBODY provided liquor to that underage girl and lots of others. Were there no sober riders in charge? Was the party registered?

There are MANY issues yet to be addressed, and the outcomes will NOT be pleasant.....

By: GREEK
by: hahaMay 5, 2018 9:45:40 AM

noooo. if i have a dinner party and i serve carrots but one of my guests who is allergic to carrots starts eating the food i serve, it's not my fault, it's theirs. if i give someone a ride in my car and there's a pack of cigarettes in the backseat and they smoke one even though they have asthma, it's not my fault, it's theirs. none of the groups involved are at fault. this is a stupid argument anyway because like it says, it was a freak accident and a total anomaly.

By: haha
#4  by: hahaha   

^ GREEK is clearly a gdi

By: hahaha
#5  by: wow   

someone is really trying hard to safe face

By: wow
by: Rg May 10, 2018 1:28:48 PM

Save face from what? It was an emergency exit that she jumped out of. What could they have possibly done? They couldn’t have sealed it shut or blocked it off.

Or are you suggesting that she was pushed or coerced?

By: Rg

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.