facebook

i'm not sure what school to choose

by: New freshman

I'm doing my research on each school in terms of academics/social life. I heard this place is socially dead. Just wanted to ask the Greek community if this was true or not and what my experience would be like if I went Greek at Ucsd?

Posted By: New freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: lol   

If you're greek your experience will definitely not be "socially dead". People who say UCSD is socially dead either don't go here and just cant find parties by walking around campus (because you need to hide it from RAs) or are hermits holed up in their rooms who never talk to anyone and then complain they never go out. Even if you dont go greek its not at all hard to make friends and meet people who like to party. The parties just aren't in your face like other schools.

By: lol
#2  by: Truth   

Honestly, I still feel a little socially dead even after even in Greek life. The Greek community here aren't very interactive with eachother. Everyone seems to keep to themselves and not really get to know the other chapters and within each chapter there are cliques anyway. Brutal truth, it wasn't what I thought here.

By: Truth
by: uhFeb 9, 2016 7:37:11 PM

This is just proof that you create your own experiences. I have many friends in multiple chapters and my chapter is pretty inclusive. If you want to be friends with someone then just go talk to them! It's super easy to get to know other chapters since there are so many philanthropies going on all the time. Just befriend your coaches and there's your in to meet even more people in that chapter. You are the only one to blame if you dont have a social life.

By: uh
by: To uhFeb 9, 2016 8:12:47 PM

What chapter are you in "uh" ? And tell me more about your inclusivity

By: To uh
by: uhFeb 10, 2016 10:22:59 AM

I'm not going to say because there are multiple chapters like mine and they are pretty easy to pick out during rush.

by: ?Feb 10, 2016 10:18:17 PM

What's wrong with telling me your chapter name? If anything, it'll just boost your chapter rep as being that "inclusive" chapter right? Unless you're doubting what you are saying then....

By: ?
by: uhFeb 11, 2016 10:23:17 AM

Because you should rush with an open mind and chose the chapter you fit best with. You can tell exactly which chapters are clicky and which are inclusive when you rush and you can form your own opinions of them. I'm not doing it because I doubt what I say, I'm doing it because I'm not going to sway your opinions of chapters when you are perfectly capable of realizing it on your own when you get here and go through the proper process.

by: To uhFeb 11, 2016 7:21:59 PM

I'm already a part of the Greek system, so you telling me what chapter your in won't encourage me to rush anywhere? I'm just saying what I observed before (which is that our community here at UCSD are not very interactive) and I want to know what chapter is proving me wrong.

By: To uh
#3  by: Friendly   

I'm new, just pledged. If you want to have a social life, it is here for you. Yes there's no Greek housing but at Halloween for example a whole bunch of Greeks got together and threw a block party. If you want to be socially dead and nerdy then go for it. If you want to have fun then its here. Definitely think the social scene is changing / improving year on year from everything i've heard.

By: Friendly
#4  by: Alright   

Just wondering, how often are exchanges/ formals?

By: Alright
#5  by: Depends what you want   

Do you want a laid back, chill but plenty of parties Greek like? Or crazy intense frat star life style? If you prefer the first, were for you, but if you prefer the latter go to sdsu

By: Depends what you want
by: not going to sdsuFeb 12, 2016 2:16:19 AM

i got accepted to ucsd, ucsb, and uci. I like the prestige of ucsd but the other schools have their perks as well

By: not going to sdsu

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.