facebook

fall 2015 formal recruitment

by: Meh

Lowkey, I think that Panhellenic recruitment was pretty messed up this year. Any thoughts?

Posted By: Meh
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hmm   

Why do you think that? Just curious

By: Hmm
by: Meh (op)Jan 28, 2016 2:16:18 AM

I don't want to be like "oh so and so should be in this sorority, etc." but I think that a lot of wonderful girls were left out of sororities that they honestly would have fit in with. I've talked to a lot of girls who feel the same way. I certainly don't believe that recruitment here is "values based" and it wasn't necessarily superficial this year either.

By: Meh (op)
#2  by: well   

a lot of the chapters didn't know how to recruit this year. maybe it's because of young PCs but as an older member a lot of good girls fell through the cracks. it's very disappointing. what is even worse is all those that were somewhat attractive will end up in Alpha Phi, which will do everything to conform them to fit their national reputation. sorry but it's the truth...

By: well
by: Meh (op)Jan 28, 2016 6:56:11 PM

That's why I'm glad Alpha Phi is coming here. To be honest, these girls really wanted that sorority experience they'd always seen from afar, and I hope that Alpha Phi will open their arms to them and give them that. That's honestly why I can't stand everyone on this website bashing Alpha Phi; it's not their fault that so many PNM's are going to rush them. But I'm glad to know that some of us who went through fall recruitment this quarter agree on feeling this way.

By: Meh (op)
#3  by: yup   

to agree with this post, yes some sisters and I were talking that some girls that some chapters got would actually have fit in well in our own chapter, pledge classes were very strange this year

By: yup

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.