facebook

is alpha phi coming, can this be confirmed

by: Alpha Phi

I am not in the Greek system, so I cannot confirm if it is true or not. Is Alpha Phi coming to UCSD? Can someone please confirm this, especially if you are affiliated.

Posted By: Alpha Phi
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: lol   

why? do you wanna rush them? they will literally take anyone look at their nationals page

By: lol
by: YepNov 30, 2015 3:32:34 AM

Yeah I do want to rush them! They're top houses in every other school I heard about!

By: Yep
by: hiNov 30, 2015 10:52:09 AM

Just so you know, how they are at "other schools" is not reflective of how they will be here. They will be picking from formal recruitment leftovers. Their first few years they will struggle. That's how it is with all new chapters at every school. On top of that, every school is different. Just because a chapter is good nationally (aphi is ok nationally, only good in california) doesn't mean it will be here. My best examples are Tri Delta and Sigma Kappa. Tri Delta is top nationally and low middle here. Sigma Kappa is bottom nationally but top here. It all depends on who is actually recruited into the chapter on this campus. Does that make sense? I'm not saying to not join, I'm sure they'll be a fine option. Just don't go into it thinking they'll be top here day 1. That will take years to work up to.

By: hi
by: hiNov 30, 2015 11:30:52 AM

correction: Sigma Kappa is low mid tier nationally, but the point still stands. Tri Delta and Sigma Kappa are the reverse of their national rep.

By: hi
by: rushingNov 30, 2015 1:42:37 PM

Will it be hard to get a bid? What GPA is the minimum and would they take upperclassmen?

By: rushing
by: SpeculationNov 30, 2015 6:05:57 PM

Yes they will take upperclassmen so the house is balanced. How hard it will be depends on how many girls try for it. If you're normal i would assume not that difficult based on how aoii did. I have no idea on gpa. Panhellenic min is 2.5 i believe so no lower than that. Higher is better though obviously.

By: Speculation
#2  by: sup   

have a look at all of the APhi FB pages and chapter websites....they are gorg everywhere. Yeah, they may be the new kids on the block for a bit but at other schools they went into as colonies, they jumped above the bottom tiers real fast.

By: sup
by: lolDec 1, 2015 1:11:11 AM

aphi alums are trolling this site hard.

By: lol
by: noDec 3, 2015 4:20:28 PM

they are awful in the south and in the north they only have a good west coast rep get your facts right

By: no
by: Really?Dec 5, 2015 8:33:04 AM

Aphi just came on to Ole Miss this year and already are a force to be reckoned with. They are also a top house at Alabama. It doesn't get much more southern than the SEC schools!
They are also top tier on the vast majority of schools in the north. It's obvious you have no idea what you are talking about!

By: Really?
#3  by: tsm14   

Yeah they pretty much have to accept anyone that rushes them. i think they're doing informal rush. They'll be bottom tier for a while.

By: tsm14
#4  by: Heads Up   

Don't be to sure that Aphi will take just about anyone. That's not how they start a new chapter. They are one of the largest sororities nationally and will be selective on who the offer bids to. They realize bringing in a bunch of random women is not the way to start a top tier chapter. The first class will probably be smaller than you think, and then they will take a larger class during formal recruitment. Their Executive Office will play a major role during these first recruitments.
Nationally APhi is a top ranked house and top tier on almost every campus. Don't underestimate them, they will be a top tier house very quickly.

By: Heads Up
#5  by: Panhellenic Love   

Why don't we stop talking about tiers and just be happy we have another chapter coming to UCSD! It's good for everyone and strengthens our Panhellenic community! I'm excited for them to come and hope every chapter recruits members they love!

By: Panhellenic Love
#6  by: Facebook and Instagram   

They already have a Facebook page and an Instagram @alphaphiucsd

By: Facebook and Instagram
by: hmmmJan 2, 2016 8:07:53 PM

couldn't find an instagram page with that username...

By: hmmm
#7  by: Bruh   

No offense but I've hung out with friends at ucsd and you don't have enough hot girls to have an aphi house on campus

By: Bruh
#8  by: Wowwww   

SO many trolly aphi alums posting on this. They arent top "at almost every school" every single chapter has strong chapters and weak chapters. Having one strong chapter in the south does not make you strong there. And i have to agree with the other comment, they are bottom at ole miss and bama. Aopi took a "smaller than you'd expect " class and then a big pc during formal and they are bottom and aphi will be the same. Also its incredibly disappointing how unpanhellenic your alums are being...

By: Wowwww
by: Lol!Dec 11, 2015 3:37:54 PM

As opposed to your inviting and supportive message. Hello, hypocrite!

By: Lol!
#9  by: UNC alum   

I just graduated from the University of Nortb Carolina and took a job in San Diego. I was bored after Christmas festivities and came on this site to see how my sorority compared to UCSD.

I want to warn about the Alpha Phi alums that will troll this site extremely hard. They just colonized this fall at Carolina, and they are all over Greek Rank.

Get this, the actives are now claiming they are middle tier...after 1 semester and without a house. As if. What a slap in the face to the existing bottom 2 sororities who've been around for decades and have houses.

Just be warned. They are a recruiting machine and a force to be reckoned with.

By: UNC alum
by: HmmDec 27, 2015 3:50:28 AM

I agree, but tbh, if they put in the effort to have a wonderful class and chapter, then one shall give credit where credit is due

By: Hmm
#10  by: ucsdgreek   

yep this is true

By: ucsdgreek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.