facebook

seriously

by: ?

Do people actually not like Chi Omega? I feel like that's not the case outside of GR

Posted By: ?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: No   

First of all, never take anything on this website seriously. If you want to know real rankings & stereotypes of each chapter, just hang out with them for a bit. Everything is pretty evident.

And second, no not at all, in my experience at least. Chi O is one of the most liked chapters off of greek rank. A few months ago there was some drama on this website which somebody attributed to a Chi O (which may or may not be the case; after all, this site is anonymous) and people have been scapegoating Chi O every day since.

Personally I'm in a "top" sorority but I lived with three Chi O's last year and I never had any issues with them or any of their sisters. Everyone I met in their chapter is a sweet and genuine girl.

So do people off this site dislike Chi O? Not in my experience. But I'm sure this comment will get a bunch of downvoters who think otherwise but are only confident behind a screen

By: No
#2  by: ^preach   

I have also only had good experiences with them in real life. They came out really strong to our philanthropy and placed near the top. I know they got one of the biggest pledge classes (with a bunch of girls who pref'ed dg) and won overall chapter of the year. Also a bunch of Greek wide events were put on by Chio's which is a good experience. I'm sure there are some catty girls in the chapter but the same can be said about every chapter and I've never had a problem with with them.

By: ^preach
by: Stfu chi oJul 19, 2015 2:00:42 AM

What does them prodding do have to do with anything? Also that's a complete lie because with dg getting lower numbers than they should've, dog ended up calling back everyone who made it to their pref night so no, no chi o prefer dg and got a chio bid because they got dropped by dg BEFORE perf night, like everyone else.

By: Stfu chi o
by: ^Jul 19, 2015 1:28:12 PM

This person clearly does not understand how recruitment works? For pref night girls typically get called back to two houses, and houses have a suggested number of girls to call back (based on previous pc sizes, etc). If a house prefs a girl, they like her A LOT (from what I've experienced, typically a 90% chance she's set for a bid from that chapter). The girls then rank the two houses they visited, so essentially at that point (with a few exceptions) it's up to the girl which house she's in. Sororities have to meet a pledge class quota so literally ANY small pledge class means that the girls that that sorority preffed chose the other house instead. Same goes for DG: they had the numbers they were supposed to until they only invited ~50 girls back to pref (which wouldn't have been so bad because their previous pledge classes had been so big), so even if they were going to give a bid to everyone they preffed like you said, them not making quota means that the girls they preffed chose another house.
Personally I'm a Sigma Kappa and two of the girls I lived with this past year preffed DG and chose Chi O instead, but honestly that's irrelevant. I think the point the previous poster was trying to make is that Chi O is a good house here that has some girls who could have easily been in a so-called top tier chapter but instead chose a middle tier one, so clearly Chi O has something to offer.

By: ^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.