facebook

thank you.

by: Mind made up

Hi. Im going into my second year at UCSD and have been ambivalent about rushing for quit a while. So I came on this site every now and then to hear what everyone thought of everyone, and I just wanted to sincerely say thank you to all of you because you've made my decision so much easier! I am now, without a doubt, 100% no regrets, NEVER going to rush. I am so thankful that I was able to see what you people are really like. I am so thankful that I will never be associated with any of you. ENTIRE threads bullying chapters, hateful comments, catty posts, lies to bring others down etc. I am astounded at the immaturity of the sororities here. I am so happy I will not have accidentally surrounded myself with people who take the opportunity to say hate filled cruel comments about those they don't even know, out of some insecurity or genuine immaturity. Thank you for showing me that the stigma of greek life fills UCSD as well. Thank you for showing me that being a respectable woman doesn't actually mean anything to you, and for constantly judging your worth as a whole by the opinions of alcoholic, childish men. I thought this was a university, not a high school. The values of those on here do not match up to mine in the slightest, and rushing would have subjected me to ignorant, hateful and superficial people. I don't think you all realize how negative of an image every single chapter on here appears to have, and believe me I am not the only one who sees this. So once again, thanks.

Posted By: Mind made up
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: LOL   

Calm down, this site is full of lies and written by bored people. Rushing is actually a really unique experience. cant believe you wrote an essay on GR lol

By: LOL
#2  by: Chill   

Hey, so I never comment on these sorts of things, but your post really struck a chord with me. I would have to agree with you that the comments on here are often catty and mean, but honestly what do you expect? Of course people want to promote themselves and for some that unfortunately means putting others down, however this site is not reflective of the greek community as a whole. If this was how everyone in greek life was, then I would certainly not be a part of it. I am however in a sorority and for me my experience has been a love hate relationship. There have been so many wonderful experiences in my sorority from the sisterhoods, taking on a position, but mainly meeting people who I truly believe will be life long friends. This is certainly not to say that my experience has been everything I imagined because there have been many times that I disapproved of some of the decisions people made and of the cattiness, but I am happy I stuck it out. Many of these women I have surrounded myself with have helped me grow and mature and have been there for me. I hate to break it to you, but you are no better than the people on this website because you are judging the entire greek community even though you do not know most of them. Lastly going through recruitment is not committing you forever to greek life because you are free to drop out. I encourage you to go through recruitment, get to know the women and then decide if greek life is right for you.

By: Chill
#3  by: I mean it makes sense...   

I don't even blame this person at the moment . Smh.

By: I mean it makes sense...
#4  by: Hi   

This website is completely not representative of greek life at UCSD. Most people have friends in chapters other than their own. People in so called "top tier" frats and sororities hang out with and have friends in "bottom tier" frats and sororities. They all have members that are inspiring, mature, will help you grow as a person and they all have ass holes as well. When you get that many people together its difficult to have 100% perfect people no matter what the organization. Unfortunately its those people who come on sites like this and take out the jealousy and insecurity on others. They are the minority in greek life and I have to agree that if you are judging a large percentage of our school off the 20 or so people that frequent this site you are no better than them.

By: Hi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.