facebook

end of year rankings

by: kcool

So there's been a lot of talk about the "Ranking System." Like it or not, it exists and it's relevant. Here are the end of year rankings.\n\n\n\n\nFRATERNITIES:

Sigma Chi - Sports Banner three-peat, grades two-peat, raised the most money for Philanthropy, and threw the biggest party (Eurobash).

TKE/PIKE - TKE moved up this year, tying PIKE for the second spot.

Sigma Nu - Took a fall. However still a "top tier" house.

SAE/AEPi - Keep movin' em up!

-----LINE OF RELEVANCE ----

Lambda Chi/FIJI

SigEp

SAM

Triangle (but they shouldn't be ranked, they're more of a professional frat. Super chill guys though). \n\n\n\n\nSORORITIES:

Delta Gamma
Pi Beta Phi
Kappa Kappa Gamma
SK
Chi-O/Theta
AXO
DDD
AEPhi

Posted By: kcool
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: katherine   

i would agree with this list; sorority rank is the most accurate. fraternity-wise, sig chi is #1, but its hard to distinguish between pike, tke, and sig nu for #2 at this point so if you could describe that better, it would help. I would personally leave pike there for now, because although they have been slipping, they competed very well with sig chi on this campus up until about 2011 and still have some quality guys.

By: katherine
#2  by: disagree   

Only in one aspect do I disagree, no way is Tke tied with Pike yet. I know that people really dislike Pike and take every chance they get to put them down, but they are still considered to be top house along with Sigma Chi. This is not coming from a Pike, as I love my own fraternity whether we are considered "top" or not or as you put it "moving up". But when I still talk to others about top house, everyone always says sig chi or pike (although because of their success i give sig chi the slight advantage). I feel more like sig nu and Tke are tied. You have the sororities ranked perfectly.

By: disagree
by: JJun 17, 2013 9:10:12 PM

sorority rankings are on point. agreed that sigma chi is easily top, but pike has really taken a bad hit with their last two pledge classes. sigma nu's fall/spring were both decent. tke's were average... i would say that pike and sigma nu are tied for 2nd at this point with tke following closely behind.

By: J
#3  by: nice try   

Nice try SAE, you guys are gonna have to wait your turn before even getting on the same level as TKE or Sig Nu

By: nice try
#4  by: 12357   

As all the other comments have said, the only mistake on this is the placement of TKE. Sigma Nu and Pike are tied for second with TKE in third. Otherwise, this is spot on. More accurate than other rankings.

By: 12357
#5  by: FRATS RIGHT NOW   

1.) Sig Chi-theyve earned it for now
2.) PIKE- I Can't say they are tied for top anymore, need to do more.
------Drops off A LITTLE-------
3.)Sig Nu- They have gotten better
4.)TKE-kind of the same, still need better guys but everyone likes them
------Drops off a good amount-----
5.) SAE- an improving frat, still in its youth
6.)AEPI- small but good, exceptional brotherhood
---------ANYONE NOT MENTIONED BEFORE THIS LINE--------
All tied

Refer to the top for sororities..that's accurate

By: FRATS RIGHT NOW
#6  by: Reality check   

Also in addition to my post above ---how sororities view the frats:
Sig Nu/PIKE/Sig Chi/TKE: All the same, each has their groupies
The rest of the frats: they find guys that they love in each frat
^^Seriously this is how it really is. I know guys wanna compete to be the alpha male best but at the end of the day, this is how things really break down haha

By: Reality check
#7  by: so everyones happy   

Sig chi- the winner frat, they just win at frat life
Pike- I gotta say they are the best looking frat, whatever thats worth
Sig nu- Seems like they have a bunch of sick ass guys, plus they know how to run a fraternity
TKE- who doesnt like them, they have no enemies

By: so everyones happy
#8  by: yee   

The lists seem pretty legit, excpet for the fact that TKE & Pike are tied. TKE is awesome, but they are still on the rise. Definitely almost there, but not quite. They will get there very soon though. Sig Nu's pledge class was pretty solid for spring. Saw/heard a lot of great things about them!

Only other thing I'd object with is that Pi Phi is ranked above KKG. They slipped big time with their PC, plus with the behavior of their entire chapter (voting to throw out one of their members, getting over half their girls sent home at their formal, etc.) SK is not top by any means yet, but Pi Phi has certainly been dropping for the past 2 years.

By: yee
by: -Jun 24, 2013 8:31:38 AM

agreed, though wouldnt say kkg is much better than pi phi if better at all just bc you never see them around/they are very inactive in the greek community/their pc def wasn't anything to brag about either

By: -
by: wordupJul 24, 2013 2:17:31 AM

nooo way KKG is above Pi Phi, i'm not even sure DG is above Pi Phi. Pi Phi got chapter of the year for a reason

By: wordup
by: UmAug 4, 2013 1:27:07 AM

Actually Chi O got chapter of the year, all around. Pi phi only won it for sororities.

By: Um
#9  by: troll   

Tke is trolling as usual? There's no way TKE is ranked that high, lets be honest.
Top 3 have been top houses for years for a reason. TKE used to be considered as a solid mid tier even a couple years ago. Ask anyone whos been greek for a long time and they will say the same thing. TKE may be moving up yet they are still a mid top tier, not a top house yet, at least until all of their old weirdo graduate.

By: troll
#10  by: agree with above   

no freaking way is tke or sig nu even close to Pike and sig chi yet. otherwise good job lol

By: agree with above

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.