facebook

i don't know where to start. what is right for me?

by: Novice Greek

I got in to UCSD. I want to be in a frat.

That is all I know.

How do I get in a frat? How do I learn about the frats to choose my best fit? Do I actually choose, or do they choose me? When does this happen?

Please, give me some insight.

Posted By: Novice Greek
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Alright,   

The time starts on Greek info night, usually the Sunday before week 1, where all the chapters will have a short pitch about their chapter and usually an event following that.

Next day rush week and boothing begin, which is where fraternities will have their booth with letters set up on library walk talking to people who want to learn more about the chapters and see what the brothers are like. You should get a flyer from each chapter that you are interested in, because the rest of the week is full of different events the chapters will hold for rushees (you).

By now you should have a mental list of maybe two or three chapters you are considering. Continue going to their daily events, meet people and you may get a call for a bid (invitation to join). So essentially you chose the chapters that you want to get introduced to, and you will be chosen from among those chapters. If you do not go to any, or even enough of a chapters events in some cases, you are unlikely to get a bid.

If and when you do receive a bid or multiple bids because you were going to many events, you must decide based on your experience at rush week which chapter you want to pledge (accepting the bid). Again it is important to get exposure during rush week to many chapters, because admittance to chapters is never guaranteed and the next opportunity to rush will be the following Fall.

Good luck, and go Greek!\n\n\n\n\n

By: Alright,
#2  by: grad   

start here: tritongreeks.org/ifc

By: grad
#3  by: truth   

in the end it doesnt matter what house youre in, it matters who's in it with you. pick a fraternity for the brothers, not the title

By: truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.