facebook

rushing for dudes

by: Bro

So I think a girl asked this about rushing for girls, but can someone detail the process for guys?

Posted By: Bro
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Ucsd   

Not usually one to post on stuff like this but I figured you deserve a straight answer not some MGC weirdo.

Basically IFC info night is the Sunday before rush week (Sunday between week one and week two)

Week two all the fraternities have rush events of you want to find out more about a specific one or whatever they usually hand out cards with the schedule and stuff on library walk leading up to and during rush week.

Other than that just get to know the guys and figure out what you like best.

By: Ucsd
#2  by: YEET    

You have IFC info night Sunday of Week 1, which is a night where all the fraternities are together and you get to meet each one and hear each one speak for a little bit. Then week 2 is rush week. During rush week, you choose which fraternities' events you choose to go to and you get to learn more and more about each frat. Then at the end of rush week, fraternities give out bids, which means they want you in their fraternity, and you get to accept or decline bids. Then you become a pledge for whatever fraternity you accepted a bid from. Most fraternities have rushes Fall quarter and Spring Quarter, but some have them in the Winter quarter also.

By: YEET
#3  by: Truth   

I think first years should wait until spring to rush. Unlike sorority rush, you don't really get a chance to visit each chapter except for IFC info night where you meet a few guys from each house for maybe 10 min. After that you are basically relying on pre-conceived reputation and the advice of sorority women which are both as accurate as a drunk taking a piss. Give yourself a couple quarters to get a feel for the 13+ houses on campus and come to an educated decision not an emotional one. Transfers have no choice but to rush immediately. They are generally older and more mature so hopefully they can see through some of the bs these chapters are spewing especially these mgc jokers who remain stuck in their provincial thinking

By: Truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.