facebook

please read and help me out!! (rushing as a transf

by: transfer!!

disclaimer: I know this website does not have a great reputation but I needed somewhere to go to find info- nobody will tell me!

If I transfer, and am a sophomore next fall, I am concerned I won't get a bid if I rush. What sororities accept sophomores? Which ones cannot? Do some not like to? Thanks for the help and war eagle!!!

Posted By: transfer!!
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: HELP   

YES I was wondering the same as you are! I will be attending AU in the fall as a sophomore and looking to rush....anyone have any answers?

By: HELP
#2  by: Truthful Answer   

While being a sophomore will not get you completely dropped from rush it can make it harder. Some of the top houses tend to avoid sophomores and unless you're an in-house legacy or very, very good friends with a girl in the house you probably will get dropped. That being said, most will not eliminate you just for being a sophomore, especially if you transferred. Less selective houses tend to have several sophomores each year but houses typically do prefer freshmen honestly.

By: Truthful Answer
#3  by: We'll....   

I know one of the top sororities took at least two sophomores this year. The girls were exceptional. Super grades, involvement, sweet and pretty. It can happen, but you need to have great grades involvement-- the full package.

By: We'll....
#4  by: R   

We are getting a new sorority next year! So if you go through rush and do not recieve a bid or simply do not want to rush, you can join Tri Sig and are highly likely to get a bid. It would be pretty cool to be a founding member too!

By: R
#5  by: Can Happen   

My mom is an alum and did a rec last year for a sophomore transfer who had a good rush and was real happy with where she ended up. Most here would say it's a solid mid-tier chapter, but don't get hung up on tiers. You want to go where you feel most at home. So yes, it can happen, but like others mentioned, I'm pretty sure this girl came into it with a strong GPA.

By: Can Happen

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.