facebook

new sorority coming?

by: wondering

I heard sigma sigma sigma was going to come! How does a new sorority begin? How will recruitment work for them if they do now have any members? Are current students allowed to join the new sorority to form their first class?

Posted By: wondering
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ^   

They'll hold their own colony recruitment right after regular formal recruitment in the fall. Members of their national team will interview PNMs (very similar to a job interview) and choose the new colony members based on who they think will be a good fit.

Not sure if Sigma will do this, but at several recent colonizations at other schools, pref was combined with bid day -- that is, PNMs were informed that they had been extended bids right after the pref ceremony. Sigma may decide to do bid day separately, though.

Also, be aware that Sigma may require a rec, so any interested PNMs should go ahead and secure one.

By: ^
by: UNF APhiNov 28, 2015 3:38:55 PM

I'm part of the founding class of Alpha Phi at UNF and what the above commenter is exactly what occurred. alpha phi had some open events to get PNMs and then sent emails to invite girls back to two more events. they then held interviews and there was a final invite back where they did the pref ceremony and extended us all bids, we started with 86 new members (we're at 101 rn but will gain more in the fall). we had our own little bid day where we ran home to the entire greek community, so that was actually really cool. for alpha phi, you weren't required to have a reccomendation but it wouldn't hurt to have one. it was a really extensive interview, because they new colony wants to have the best members possible to make other girls want to join and build their initial class as solid as possible.

it's a really cool experience and I would recommend anyone to join a colony!

By: UNF APhi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.