facebook

size of new member classes

by: omg

Quota additions are small numbers of girls added to classes to accommodate girls who were too low on the bid lists to match before quota. If they had only one house they were added there. If they had two houses they were added to the smaller.

The houses that took a lot of extra girls were ones who had lost a lot of members and who didn't want to do COB later. That is the reason some are saying they were weaker chapters.

Bottom line is that now every chapter is topped off and all got great classes. Start enjoying yourselves!

Posted By: omg
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Clarify   

Having QA means nothing about being weaker. It means you might have loved those couple girls remaining that were on one of your bid lists - might have just hit your second bid list if you got all the girls on your top list. If you had a great rush and loved the girls it is a great time to bring your chapter total up if you lost girls to early graduation. You do realize that Panhellenic might have also dropped the ball by setting quota where they did at 80 - there were 149 QA's.

By: Clarify
#2  by: Exactly   

No weak chapters at all! Some groups just went ahead and pledged more since they did not want to COB or have open rush during the semester. It is simple really. Some girls just want to cause a ruffle by saying some inaccurate info. All is fine.

By: Exactly
by: Again incorrectAug 17, 2015 10:29:20 AM

No group has to do COB especially groups that were only picking up 10 or less there is no reason they would have done COB. They may have just seen a great opportunity to get some awesome girls

By: Again incorrect
#3  by: ^^^^   

To the wishful thinkers posting above:

That's not how it works.

Love,

Panhellenic

By: ^^^^
#4  by: Not   

Panhellenic writing that above. I would bet it is the stalker that stays on these walls all the time. The comments at the top are correct in that the extra girls got bids to some great groups and that is all there is to it. There is no mystery and any group that wanted to add to their existing numbers could have done so. Many did, some did not if they were already at full size. Great opportunity for groups that lost a lot to early graduation and regular graduation. Congrats to all the new pledges!

By: Not
by: exceptAug 17, 2015 6:20:24 PM

You can't add to your numbers just because you want to. You have to be below total and that's because girls drop out of your house. Maybe a couple graduate early, but most of the attrition is girls dropping out. So It's not positive. It's negative about your house. Sorry.

By: except
#5  by: Funny Ms Panhellenic   

So tell us exactly how it works since you are in the know. My mother is a National Officer for my sorority. I am pretty sure she knows more than you.

By: Funny Ms Panhellenic

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.