facebook

size

by: Pledge class

How big are each pledge class this fall?

Posted By: Pledge class
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: BIG!   

It depends on how many girls each sorority graduated and needed to get to their limit. I believe 84 was quota and then a group could pledge up to whatever got them to the limited amount so that every sorority has the same membership number. I may be wrong but I think it went from 80 - 104, again the actual number for each individual group was dependent on how many each group graduated last year and needed to be equal to the limit. Congratulations to all!! 1498 pledged!

By: BIG!
by: clarificationAug 15, 2015 7:44:01 AM

And clarification to my own post: chapters CAN go over Chapter Total with the matched new members from Formal Recruitment, but they can't add any more after that.

Sorry for the confusion.

By: clarification
#2  by: Greek Alum   

It's different at every house. I know DZ's quota was 80, but they exceeded quota & got 99 girls in their pledge class this year.

By: Greek Alum
by: TrueAug 15, 2015 9:45:29 AM

KKG, DG, and several others chose to pledge 98 girls so that they would not do open rush.

By: True
by: GracieAug 15, 2015 10:42:53 AM

Sororities that have high graduation rates and pledged a lot of girls in earlier years that were freshmen back several years ago, lost a lot last year. This way they can make it up each year and be back at the norm for chapter numbers. Really quite easy to figure out. All the groups have large PC and will need to work hard at keeping everyone happy.

By: Gracie
#3  by: Confused   

How could DZ's quota have been lower than 84 which was set quota? They wouldn't have put them lower than the rest even if those 4 would put them over quota.

By: Confused
#4  by: greekchat   

GC says quota was 80.

Kappa Delta - 80
Chi Omega - 80
Alpha Gamma Delta - 82
Delta Zeta - 99
Alpha Delta Pi - 82
Alpha Omicron Pi - 80
Phi Mu - 81
Zeta Tau Alpha - 84
Delta Delta Delta - 84
Kappa Alpha Theta - 104
Pi Beta Phi - 85
Kappa Kappa Gamma - 98
Alpha Chi Omega - 88
Gamma Phi Beta - 83
Delta Gamma - 98
Alpha Xi Delta - 101
Sigma Kappa - 80

By: greekchat
#5  by: Quota was met by all!   

Some groups decided to pledge more and reach full capacity after graduating a lot of older girls last year. Some were at capacity and have a lower quota. Works out since more girls got to pledge than would have. The poster does not know her facts and just wants to say negative comments.

By: Quota was met by all!
#6  by: Graduation- early    

I know a couple that took more had girls that graduated early two years in a row. Their numbers were lower allowing them to take more this year. This years group was so good it was a great year to take advantage of Quota Additons. That is not always the case.

By: Graduation- early
#7  by: truth   

Also, the houses that took a lot more than quota were ones that had a lot of girls drop out last year due to infighting. I'm sure that things are better now that the unhappy ones are gone and they can start over this year. Congrats to all!

By: truth
#8  by: Hey   

That is not how that works. Panhellenic sets quota after prefs so that every chapter will get about the same number of girls. Chapters that got quota additions are able to add those girls even if it makes them over total if it makes sure that the most women who came to prefs are placed and get their first choice. Some chapters might choose not to take quota additions after prefs and that can lead to PNMs with no bid Bid Day

By: Hey
by: YesAug 16, 2015 1:42:36 PM

Quota is the same for all sororities. The sororities with higher numbers have lost more girls during the year due to early graduations and just simple retention of members. The stronger recruiting chapters with strong consistent retention rates have totals closer to quota. I agree it was a great year to get quota additions!

By: Yes
by: CorrectAug 16, 2015 2:07:16 PM

Many groups graduate a lot and lose others to transferring (some majors end up being better at other colleges, etc.). It is suppose to be a system where it remains equal as a group pledges and then loses to graduation, but needless to say it does not always works like that. If a chapter ends up graduating a larger group than others one year, it will hit them harder than a group that did not. Simple math. All the sororities did sooo good this year!!!! Congratulations to all!!! AU is a great home!

By: Correct

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.