facebook

a guide to rush

by: PNMS READ

I'm a sophomore. I went through recruitment last year. Read this if you want to give yourself the best possible chance at recruitment.

1) it's okay to know GENERAL reps of sororities. HOWEVER, would ya just date a guy because you heard he's nice? No. You'd want to find out, correct? Sororities you hear "αrent top" give a chance. I loved and had so much fun during rush in a sorority that was "lower tier". It was worth every minute of being in their parties. The same goes with sororities you hear are tippy top perfection; I kept going back to a group I didn't like or feel comfortable in because I HEARD they were good. Cmon now.

2) your life will go one when you get cut. And trust me, most of you will get cut. It's okay. 17 sororities, 1700 girls. You do the math. If they didn't want you, you don't want to be in there anyways. It's not a good fit for you. These sororities don't mean it personally; they are all fighting hard to find girls who will fit best into their character as a group. Think of it as the hard decision you should make but can't.

3) you DO NOT have to know someone in the sorority to get in. You DO NOT have to be from Alabama. You DO NOT have to be a legacy. I knew nobody in my sorority going through, am from out of state, and am not a legacy. Many would say I'm in a top tier sorority. Auburn ladies are classy; everybody has a shot. Granted, if you know 10 people in a sorority, you've got a slightly better shot. But NO ONE IS DISCOUNTED OFF THE BAT.

Posted By: PNMS READ
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: PNMS READ CONT.   

4) when you're supposed to wear a dress, wear a dress. Just any dress, it's not a big deal. You know how many dresses these girls are going to see? No one is going back to their journals at the end of a party and writing "off the rack dress". No, just no! Look how you normally look, act how you normally act. Do this for YOURSELF. This is NOT a fake it til ya make it situation. If you are liked for someone you pretended to be during rush, TRUST ME, freshman year is going to be LOOOOOONG my friends.

5) don't yell. Just don't do it. Don't lose your voice by day #3. It's not okay, just not okay. Warm water and honey will do the trick if you are unfortunate enough to end up like I did.

6) SMILE HARD SMILE OFTEN! Act interested even if you aren't. Every gir you talk to prepared to speak with you. She's nervous. And she wants you to like her. So at you very least be respectful. God made us all so perfectly and Jesus loves each of us. Try to love all these girls the same.

7) BE HAPPY BC NO MATTER WHAT...\n\n\n\n\nYOU DON'T GO TO BAMA

By: PNMS READ CONT.
by: OOSAug 4, 2015 9:48:40 PM

Great tips!!! Totally agree.

:-)

By: OOS
by: #7Aug 5, 2015 1:31:58 AM

Best piece of advice!

By: #7
by: CloseAug 5, 2015 8:46:45 PM

It is true, however most girls will not get cut since there is a high rate of pledging at AU...however, if you come in with only one or two groups you want, then you will probably be unhappy when you get cut by them. I saw one girl who cried and cried when she did not get asked back by the group "she had always wanted." She stuck it out and pledged an entirely random group she had never thought of and now she loves them! So, give them all a chance. I had a friend that went through when I did, did not get invited back to the groups she wanted (she still had 3-4) and she dropped out. Worst decision of her life! She was not able to ever get in any other groups in open rush and even the groups that had kept her did not bid her later. She wishes she had gone ahead and pledged and had the socials and parties and fun sisterhood. Don't give up on any of them no matter how unhappy you are at that time! You may never get another chance at any!

By: Close
#2  by: Pnm   

Love this!! Hope I get sisters like you!!!!

By: Pnm
#3  by: Nice   

Good post....hope this info gets to all PNM's

By: Nice

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.