facebook

attention freshmen

by: truth

If you base your opinion off of this website you will be so unhappy. Whether you are male or female let the the active members show you what their chapter is about. Be yourself while rushing and trust the system, you will end up in the perfect place! This website has some truth to it, but overall it is a bad way to make a decision on who you want to spend your time at auburn with. Go into rush with an open mind and you will be happy with where you land I promise! There is no such thing as a bad fraternity or sorority at auburn because they are all so great!

Posted By: truth
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yes but!!   

some girls are broken hearted by being cut from sororities they love because those sororities already have their top list before rush even starts. we need to encourage girls to be open to all because they are all great and some sororities have so many legacies and friends, those tend to be the ones where it is like high school all over again. Freshman year is a great time for a fun new start and finding a great sorority can help.

By: Yes but!!
by: PNM Jul 30, 2015 7:39:38 PM

All a PNM can do is be as prepared as possible with resume, recs, etc... I went through recruitment not knowing more than 3-4 girls in various sororities. I ended up in one of the sororities that everyone on this site says is one of the top and legacy driven...I was not a legacy, on a watch list or anything. I did have great recs, activities and grades on my side. I will say that I love meeting people and I am great at talking to many different people from different backgrounds. I also just relaxed and had so much fun in recruitment. I know it's easy to say relax and have fun, but that is when you will be your best self and the sororities will get to know you best.

By: PNM
by: @PNM:Very fortunateAug 11, 2015 4:15:56 PM

You must have been very extraordinary! Not many girls can say they pledged a legacy driven sorority, was not a legacy and did not know many girls. That is near impossible, but it does happen for a very few. I have known girls who were unbelievable with recs, honors, beauty, legacy status and still did not get in due to so many legacies going through. I know these groups do need to take a few "not legacies" so that new blood does get in, but it is rare. However, I have also known some girls who could not get in any of the other sororities get in a top one due to "who they know" and they were not a legacies or their family is well known. On the other side of the coin, other sororities got some fantastic girls to call their own and the legacy group lost out on many super girls! Good luck to all!

By: @PNM:Very fortunate
#2  by: Great information    

Great information , thanks

By: Great information
#3  by: truth   

Agree with above poster. Some of those groups are merely an extension of high school. Do you really want that?

By: truth
#4  by: truth   

Agree with above poster. Some of those groups are merely an extension of high school. Do you really want that?

By: truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.