facebook

what is being in a sorority actually like?

by: newbie

I'm thinking of rushing in the fall and i'm really nervous. I'm afraid I don't fit the standard but the idea of being in a sorority seems so fun and a nice way to meet other people. Is it true that its hard to make friends outside of your sorority? I'm also not a legacy but I have a few recs so what are my actual chances? Thanks!

Posted By: newbie
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Tbt    

I was in your position this time last year. I didn't know if I would like, or fit into a sorority. I wasn't a legacy so I didn't know much about greek life other than what I heard from friends. I decided to rush anyways, got as many recs as I could find, and just went for it. I have met so many people in my sorority and out of it. Honestly sometimes I love being in my sorority, and sometimes I HATE it. Overall if I could go back in time I would do it again because it led me to meet so many amazing people.

By: Tbt
#2  by: Hey!   

Greek life is definitely what you make it. You could make a million friends in your sorority or you could end up just having a really great networking tool. Auburn is a really accepting campus, and you don't have to go Greek to make friends.

By: Hey!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.