facebook

help

by: PNM

if i have a 31 act and a 3.1 gpa, will i get in. I really want KD or Chi O. I'm from the north (Pennsylvania) and i am afraid they will haze me

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Magic 8 Ball   

Magic 8 ball says. Yes, if you decide on two before you even meet anyone. Yeeeees. By the way.... Why KD and ChiO?

By: Magic 8 Ball
#2  by: HAHAHAHAHHAHA    

Okay sororities at auburn don't haze you're dumb and yes you'll will get cut most sororities have ATLEASTA A 3.4 min for the first round of cuts and that's all they look at

By: HAHAHAHAHHAHA
by: PnmJun 25, 2015 4:45:53 PM

What if youre an in-house legacy

By: Pnm
by: @pnmJun 26, 2015 3:41:43 PM

You have to meet even the minimum requirements--even as an in-house legacy. It rarely happens that an in-house is cut, but it does. The sorority has rules and they have no control over it.

By: @pnm
by: WonderingJun 26, 2015 4:59:52 PM

How do some girls get bids with below a 3.0?

By: Wondering
by: @wonderingJun 27, 2015 12:05:59 PM

I don't know of anyone who received a bid with a HS GPA that low. Of course, my sorority requires higher GPA's than our nationals recommends.

By: @wondering
by: My oh myJun 27, 2015 4:27:05 PM

You need to stop watching shows with sorority hazing. You do need higher grades, unless you are an in-house legacy and then you might have some push to help you get in one.

By: My oh my
by: This girlJul 12, 2015 1:31:04 PM

She is right

By: This girl
by: Tiger 1Jul 13, 2015 4:08:31 PM

No hazing at all! Just try your best and remember there are a lot of campus organizations that are great if you do not get in a sorority!

By: Tiger 1
#3  by: Question   

If you think they will haze you, why would you even want to be in a sorority? This sounds so fake. No sorority hazes here, too much tv for you.

By: Question
by: NopeJul 10, 2015 1:55:07 PM

None haze!

By: Nope
#4  by: .   

bump

By: .
#5  by: difficult   

really

By: difficult
#6  by: ?   

On the website it says 17 people with below a 2.8 received a bid last year.

By: ?
by: StopJun 28, 2015 6:07:49 PM

All you can do is give it a try? Pi don't know what you want people to say! Your grades stink and at this point you have no control over it. If there are extenuating circumstances to you terrible Gpa maybe you can have rec writers to explain when they send in their rec. other than that everyone has been very honest with you. We do not have a crystal ball. I can say if you are thinking KD or ChiO will even consider that gpa you can forget it.

By: Stop
#7  by: Fact   

I know for a fact of atleast 5 girls with a 3.0-3.1 who got into KD last year!! XO is much harder but a girl got in there 2 yrs ago with a 3.1. So as usual it's about who you know and GPA.

By: Fact
by: Believe meJul 6, 2015 5:07:33 PM

those were high legacies or really special girls with some rich parents with power.

By: Believe me
by: CorrectJul 6, 2015 9:33:04 PM

If you are a three to four generation KD, AGD, or ChiO legacy, wealthy with lots of in-house connections then... maybe. It is unusual. Don't count on it though.

By: Correct
#8  by: actually   

The hardest ones gpa-wise to get into of what most consider "top tier" is Chi O, Alpha Gam and ADPi. KD and Phi Mu are much easier to get over that gpa hurdle.

By: actually
#9  by: Truth   

I had similar scores (a bit lower on ACT actually) going through rush and I wasn't cut by either of those sororities first round so clearly the "atleast a 3.4" comment isn't true for everyone. That being said, you should really come into rush with an open mind because I thought I wanted KD too and that changed really quickly. I dropped them after hearing stories about how stuck up both KD and Chi O are and after being at Auburn I now know those accusations to be true. Really think about what kind of girls you want to be your sisters before ruling other sororities out. You could be surprised.

By: Truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.