facebook

sorority houses

by: PNM

What year to you live in the sorority house?

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Liz   

Unfortunately, there are no sorority houses here.

By: Liz
by: PNMJun 10, 2015 12:55:46 PM

What?

By: PNM
by: DormsJun 10, 2015 3:33:08 PM

Sorority dorms. This has been covered a billion times. Move on.

By: Dorms
by: DormsJun 10, 2015 3:33:09 PM

Sorority dorms. This has been covered a billion times. Move on.

By: Dorms
by: pnm 15Jul 21, 2015 2:21:52 PM

Didn't know that

By: pnm 15
#2  by: PNM   

What are sorority dorms?

#3  by: ?   

Each sorority has a chapter room in the dorm with a kitchen and some office space. One floor of the dorm is for women of that chapter to live on the hall - usually its about 8 of the top officers and then 35 or so more women, usually sophomores.
Cons: No big house, no eating with your sisters for every meal

Pros: no big house is a lot less expensive, AU covers most maintenance, you don't Have to eat with your sisters at every meal, you don't have to play landlord if someone decides not to pay rent, you can do sorority stuff but it doesn't have to take over your life

Anything I left out?

By: ?
by: pnmJun 11, 2015 11:05:38 PM

are dorms nice?

do y'all ever think you will get sorority houses?

By: pnm
by: PNMJun 12, 2015 8:02:29 AM

I think I would miss the meals and living together in a house. I stayed with my sister at UGA and it was SOOO nice!

by: Beautiful!Jun 12, 2015 11:32:18 AM

Yes, the sorority chapter rooms ar beautiful! The dorms are suite-type rooms with a common living area. Two girls share a bathroom on each side of the living area. You ah e a full refridgerator and a microwave, but no other way to cook. The sorority dorms are in the center of everything...next to dining, etc...

By: Beautiful!
#4  by: Hey   

Back before they built the Village - they looked at building houses, but they did not have a big enough piece of land close to central campus. It would be too expensive and too hard to do it right for all the chapters? (Which is one reason about 6 chapters closed in the 80s)

If they ever build houses, it might be the like what Tennessee just built or lodges like Texas Tech.

A couple of the NPC groups prefer not to have houses - because of the expense and because they worry about safety and insurance.

By: Hey
#5  by: pnm   

I don't think I knew that. Kind of disappointed

By: pnm
by: PNM 15Jul 1, 2015 12:29:44 PM

I didn't know this either. This is really different from the rest of the large SEC schools. I'm disappointed.

By: PNM 15
#6  by: House   

It's basically the same concept as a house except the meals. You are living together. The girls who do it love it! But to answer your question, sophomore year.

By: House
#7  by: Come on   

Those "PNM"s are not coming here. If they had ever visited the campus they would know about the sorority dorms. That's just either GR or someone from another school trying to start something. The dorm houses are safer and offer the same things as a house.

By: Come on
by: AU '14Jul 7, 2015 2:21:13 PM

Uh, it's not the same. They are nice dorms but don't compare to the sorority houses at other schools. ....and those houses are very safe!

By: AU '14
by: AU '16Jul 20, 2015 1:32:51 PM

No, it's not the same, but it's not bad.

By: AU '16
#8  by: Can I get a ....   

Roll Tide

By: Can I get a ....
#9  by: Nothing but truth   

The year you transfer to Bama

By: Nothing but truth
#10  by: usually   

in the sorority dorms, you might be able to move in the second semester, especially if you got an officer position. Otherwise, 1st semester soph year you can, after that many want an apartment.

By: usually

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.