facebook

small fraternities are the best fraternities

by: ...

I strongly urge people not to rush a fraternity simply because of its large size. If you are planning on rushing, you are (hopefully) looking for a new social group of friends who will have your back for the rest of your life. You can't get that in a large fraternity of 80+ members, so when you rush in the fall, don't discredit a fraternity because of its size and think more of how that fraternity will help you grow as a person.

Posted By: ...
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: What?   

I'm in a large fraternity with 40+ guys in my pledge class alone and I'm very close with them. It depends on how pledgeship is conducted. If you're rushing don't listen to the original post. Find the fraternity that has the kind of guys you want to be life long friends with and that you want to be associated with. Large or small. The op is probably just a member of a bad fraternity that doesn't want to lose guys to larger fraternities

By: What?
#2  by: You   

don't have to be so negative towards larger fraternities. I'm in a larger fraternity (around 100 actives), and I love it. No, I'm not super close with everyone but I have a solid group of 8-12 guys I know I can always count on. Thats part of what pledgeship is, or should be, bonding with your whole pledge class. I may not be the closest with all thirty something guys in my pledge class, but I sure as hell would go out of my way to help them. That's what brotherhood is about. Being in a fraternity is what you make of it. I tell rushees to NOT be close minded. Rush big fraternities, small fraternities, party fraternities, fraternities that don't party as much. When they find where they fit in, they'll know best.

By: You
#3  by: Rating   

It is what you make of it. Look at all before you pledge anything.

By: Rating

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.