facebook

if you had to "rank the fraternities"

by: Anonymous

what would they be? I see all these ranks on here, but it seems more like a popularity contest. If you genuinely ranked the fraternity: brotherhood, parties/social life, involvement etc.. without this popularity contest what would they be, and why?

Posted By: Anonymous
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: How about this   

If you ranked them all based on a combination of those categories, it'll take some serious calculation and your ranks will be all over the place. The proper way to do this is by ranking in each individual category. List the best fraternities socially, involvement, gpa, brotherhood, etc.

By: How about this
by: OkayMar 13, 2015 1:28:56 PM

Some are going to be really active and some are not, but that doesn't mean that they are not a good brotherhood, some groups are just more involved.

By: Okay
#2  by: @How about this   

I agree! From what I know as a sorority girl, this is how I'd rank them like you said! Completely my opinion based on my couple of years here!
Brotherhood:
1. ΑΓΡ
2. ΦΚΤ
3. ΔΧ
4. ΔΤΔ
5. ΠΚΦ
Involvement:
1. FH
2. ΦΓΔ
3. ΑΤΩ
4. ΣΠ
5. ΘΧ
Social/Parties:
1. ΣΑΕ
2. ΘΧ
3. ΣΝ
4. ΒΘΠ
5. ΛΧΑ
Sorority Relations:
1. ΒΘΠ
2. ΦΓΔ
3. ΣΝ
4. ΘΧ
5. ΣΑΕ

Popularity Top 5 (just for comparison!)
1. ΦΓΔ
2. ΒΘΠ
3. ΣΑΕ
4. ΘΧ
5. ΣΝ

By: @How about this
by: EhMar 12, 2015 7:54:32 PM

Haha nah this is all over the place. I wouldn't agree with this

By: Eh
by: HmmMar 12, 2015 8:18:39 PM

This is actually really accurate. The majority would agree. It'll of course have a few that will oppose. Great list overall.

By: Hmm
by: tryingMar 12, 2015 9:45:30 PM

to be as unbiased as possible this list is all over the place.
Besides popularity top 5 (and even then i wouldn't put beta 2nd, maybe 4th or so) this list isn't really "accurate"

By: trying
by: PeopleMar 12, 2015 9:50:58 PM

Instead of saying it isn't accurate, why not make a counter argument and say what changes you'd make? Right now it looks very accurate to me, but I'm just assuming you opposers are just being mad that your fraternity isn't listed until you give an argument.

By: People
by: imoMar 12, 2015 10:23:09 PM

Brotherhood: really based it off of how many of their brothers show up to their events, have less cliques, generally seen doing stuff together
1. Theta Chi
2. Lambda Chi
3. Sigma Nu
4. Farmhouse
5. KA/Fiji

Involvement:
1. Farmhouse
2. Fiji
3. KA
4. Theta Chi
5. ATO

Social: how many they throw and how many girls show up, probably toughest one to judge honestly
1. Theta Chi
2. SAE
3. Sigma Nu
4. Lambda Chi
5. KA/Beta really good for one high quality, really fun party a year(Ski lodge/Old south)
Pi Kapp and Sigma Pi throw alot of smaller good quality parties but theyre not as big as ones I mentioned so I left them out

Sorority Relations:
1. Fiji
2. KA
3. Beta
4. Sigma Nu
5. Theta Chi

Popularity: combination of how well they rush and overall popularity
1. Fiji
2. KA
3. Sigma Nu
4. Beta
5. Theta Chi

By: imo
by: @imoMar 12, 2015 10:54:16 PM

With popularity, how do you mean "overall popularity"? It's not secret how disliked KA is around Auburn. They have a very specific group that hangs with them. I'd say most girls and guys around Auburn don't like them. They also have had 3 years of terrible rush as can be seen in their brothers. Point is, they shouldn't be that high in popularity, if on it at all.

By: @imo
#3  by: Best Answer   

Trying to give the most accurate category ranking for those wanting to know. These general top 5s are correct, but specific orders can vary based on opinion.
Brotherhood:
1. ΑΓΡ
2. FH
3. ΘΧ
4. ΣΠ
5. ΣΝ

Involvement:
1. FH
2. ΦΓΔ
3. ΑΤΩ
4. ΘΧ
5. ΚΑ

Social:
1. ΘΧ
2. ΣΑΕ
3. ΣΝ (Currently on Social Probation)
4. ΒΘΠ
5. ΛΧΑ (Currently on Social Probation)

Sorority Relations:
1. ΦΓΔ
2. ΒΘΠ
3. ΣΝ
4. ΘΧ
5. ΚΑ

Popularity:
1. ΦΓΔ
2. ΣΝ
3. ΒΘΠ
4. ΣΑΕ
5. ΘΧ
(KA- traditional name but is simply too disliked around Auburn. Always the same group of people hanging with them & their rush has been declining over the last few years)

By: Best Answer
by: PantasticMar 13, 2015 3:07:10 PM

I can agree with this! Very good list and accurate!

By: Pantastic
by: Agree!Mar 14, 2015 5:45:54 PM

Best list on this thread

By: Agree!
by: AweburnMar 15, 2015 2:48:36 AM

Good unbiased list. Most at Auburn would agree

By: Aweburn
#4  by: Never!   

You will never get an honest opinion of a group since certain groups make sure they post negative comments and insults on other groups while heaping praise on their own and whoever they like. The groups they do not like will be rated low and they will attempt to act as if "the whole campus" thinks that way. Since there are no real rankings, to slander a group in hopes that others will believe it is true is sad and shows poor self esteem on the cyber bullies themselves. If you like a group, and you can get a bid, take it and do not think too much about the "ranks" on here. The real ranking is what you think about your own group.

By: Never!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.