facebook

Will my low gpa get me dropped?

by: MP

Ok so I have a 3.1 gpa and I really do want to rush in the fall but be honest do I have a chance?? I know the cutoff for most houses is 3.2 as it says on the pan website but idk the different sorority cutoffs
(also idk how I got into Auburn w such a low gpa but I had a good SAT score lmao)

Posted By: MP
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: MP   

I’m also from the north and OOS…

By: MP
#2  by: A chance   

There are a few houses that will take you with that GPA if you rush really well and they love you. But 3.2 is actually kind of a low ball number, it's actually higher. By all means rush, go through with an open mind, and make it about your personality and style. Don't ever not try.

By: A chance
by: ?Mar 17, 2024 8:24:43 AM

Why should she try at get set up for failure. Sadly, this school has decided to base our friends on how much you kiss up to your high school teachers, so I wouldn't rush with lower than a 3.5. It won't end well.

By: ?
by: ^Mar 19, 2024 7:02:19 PM

What is failure??? All it takes is one!

By: ^
#3  by: haha   

"I don't know how I got in Auburn with such a low gpa". I I love it here but I got in with a pretty low ACT and very average GPA. Auburn isn't the Ivys.

By: haha
by: lolMar 18, 2024 9:46:51 AM

troo dat but no tell nobody here

By: lol
#4  by: rush crush   

unfortunately YES i 100% your low gpa will affect your rush. the biggest cuts from ice water teas will be based off of your gpa & video. if you have a stacked resume it will be in your favor, but having a 3.1 will overshadow that.

after ice water tea cuts, you will get cut from philanthropy to sisterhood, and this time is when sororities will once again look at your gpa. unless you have a girl vouching for you because you had REALLY good conversations, maybe youll be able to make it to sisterhood round with 2-4 sororities.

i know girls who had gpas of 3.1 and only saw 5 sororities. i know girls that has a 3.3 and saw 8. you can even have a 4.0 and still only see 10 instead of all 18. rush is hard and there are so many factors that go into it, but unfortunately, with your gpa being that low it will affect how houses see you. many of the top houses are incredibly grade based. even the sororities that take grade risks will cut you.

just keep that in mind as you go through the recruitment process. good luck!

By: rush crush
by: MP Mar 20, 2024 12:49:16 PM

Do u think It'll be all bottom tier sororities? I honestly don't care, I'll be happy with any bid, but I want to get a feel for which ones would accept my 3.1 and ones I wouldn't have a chance with

By: MP
by: ^Mar 20, 2024 3:08:42 PM

If you don't care then stop using the term "bottom tier sororities". All houses at Auburn offer a similar excellent sorority experience. You are defined here by how YOU look and act, not by your letters. Are you a "bottom tier girl"? No? Then don't think that way.

By: ^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.