facebook

Did something so naive and weird during rush

by: ?

My brothers gf is the only person I know who was in a sorority (from NH so not really a thing there) and she told me to try and cry during the philanthropy round of recruitment to show I care. I fake cried in one of the houses bc I was naive and genuinely thought I was supposed to do that. I understand how stupid that sounds but I had no idea what was happening and if you told me to paint my face blue for pref I would have. Unsurprisingly after that round I got cut from the house I cried in but also from all the other competitive houses leaving me with just the less competitive ones. Is that bc the sororities talk to each other? Or bc I was so nervous I probably did something else just less weird in the other houses?

Posted By: ?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Lol   

Why would you do that.

By: Lol
#2  by: Weird   

It was because you were nervous and unprepared for recruitment, so you were awkward at all the houses.

By: Weird
#3  by: honey   

personally I did for philanthropy but it was bc of how it effected me and therefore I strengthened the bond with the active I was talking to (only did it for them, not even a super “competitive” house. houses don’t necessarily talk to each other unless you got unlucky and it was someone with a friend group in each one. That was most likely not the cases and you were prob dropped for outside reasons, but fake crying speaks a lot on your character so the other houses could prob just tell you were not a genuine person!

By: honey
#4  by: not talking   

The sororities do not get together and compare notes before they vote after each round. If something noteworthy happens with a pnm, members do talk to each other informally through friend groups when they go home at night. If there's something really bad about a pnm, panhellenic would be alerted, like for intentional rudeness or other very inappropriate behavior.

What you are describing is not anything to raise a red flag like that, but if you did that at one house you probably did stuff at other houses and they each drew their own conclusions. Calm down, make friends in the sororities, go through rush again in the fall, and accept that the 'less competitive ones' are also exceptional and offer great sisterhoods.

By: not talking

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.