facebook

I Don't Want To Be in a House with a Trans

by: honestpnm

What's the deal with trans types (specifically Transgender "women"/biological men) and recruitment/bids? Specifically, how can I AVOID having to be in a house with one of these individuals?

And don't say it's not an issue; I heard about one that tried to join in last year's cycle.

Posted By: honestpnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: @honestpnm   

I've never heard of a trans women (man) trying to join. There've been a number of girls who were out, but no men wanting to be women. Seriously doubt it'll be an issue although there are a few houses (Chi O, KAO) that will subtly discriminate against LGBTs.

By: @honestpnm
#2  by: XX only   

Women-only spaces need to be protected and most people support that. Sorority membership is not for someone's imaginary gender validation, mental therapy, or fantasy cosplay. Sororities are for women only.

The vast majority of people know better than to believe that someone can simply 'identify' and switch their gender. Taking hormones and altering physical parts will never ever do that. People who think that way need help and understanding because they have some pretty heavy mental/emotional issues, but for women's organizations to accept men in any form is misongynistic, unfair, and dangerous.

Don't believe the media hype and what many NPC nationals say to appear to be PC in public. People know better.

By: XX only
by: For mom onlyOct 24, 2023 10:49:08 AM

Thanks mom, it's good to know you're looking out for my "spaces" pretty much everywhere I go.

By: For mom only
by: ^Oct 28, 2023 3:32:55 PM

Autogynephilia.

By: ^
#3  by: @pnm   

Not gonna say it's not an issue, but can honestly say I've never heard of any trans person trying to join.

There have been more and more LGBT types--lesbians, bi's, non-binaries, polyamorous, etc.--and I did hear about one pledge that was all into the pronoun ridiculousness (wanting to be called "they" and whatnot). But I can honestly say that most girls and houses are fairly sensible about these things. No one's going to be a bigot about it, but they'll stand their ground where need be. And I'd guess that include any trans (men) that want in.

By: @pnm
#4  by: Nope   

Nope

By: Nope
#5  by: .........   

remember the trans kkg at wyoming

By: .........
#6  by: huh?   

there’s never been a transgender person that has gone through recruitment

By: huh?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.