facebook

small fraternity options

by: Smaller Fraternities

Hey I'm interested in rushing next fall. I really just wanna join a smaller fraternity. Are there any decent ones at Auburn? What are the smaller ones and which ones would you recommend. Rankings are fine or just a short description. Maybe fraternities with <50 or <60? Thx

Posted By: Smaller Fraternities
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Sure   

Going alphabetically here's my opinion and recommendation:

AKL: don't have a house not worth you're time

DX: new row, probably considered the worst fraternity on new row but the guys I've met haven't been that bad. there location kinda just sucks and they don't really seem to make an effort to have parties or recruit new members

DKE: have a house not on a row. I think they are only like 2 years old or something? The problem I see is they could potentially die out which doesn't bode well. Brothers are kinda meh.

Delta Sig: Decent looking house on new row, inside is kinda nasty and old looking though. I didn't really have much of an opinion on them until I met some of there brothers at a bar and went to one of their parties later that year. Honestly the brothers are just douchy and mean. Not a fan of them overall.

DTD: New house on new row. Probably the most averaged out of all the smaller fraternities. Some of there brothers could have gotten bids at bigger/better fraternities and some are kinda weird. Never had an issue with them.

Phi Psi: Really crappy house not on a row. Probably the nicest brothers overall that I have ever met. Kinda weird and don't really throw parties being the biggest downside. Also they are REALLY small. Not my personal cup of tea.

By: Sure
by: SureJun 24, 2013 1:01:05 PM

Phi Tau: Decent house on old row. Might be a little bit bigger than what you wanted I think they are just over 60 or so? Seem to be kids that wanted to be on old row but couldn't or didn't want to pledge at a bigger fraternity. Decent fraternity but might be bigger than what you want.

Phi Sig: Crappy house not on a row. Generally kinda weird plus they don't have a house on a row which is a pretty big downside.

Sig Tau: Might still be a colony not sure. Not sure if they have a house. Did hand out bid like Halloween candy which never really bodes well.

TKE: Crappy house on old row. Brothers are kinda crappy but on the upside at least they are active unlike some other smaller fraternities.

Theta Zi: Crappy house on old row. I think might be losing their house and charter sooooo.

by: SureJun 24, 2013 1:04:48 PM

If I had to rank them:

Phi Tau (again might be bigger than what you want)

DTD

Phi Sig

Delta Sig

DX

TKE

Phi Psi

Sig Tau

DKE

Theta Zi

AKL

#2  by: @OP   

You're going to want to call up the rush chair at each of the fraternities, and rush around. The smaller fraternities always have problems getting people to come out to rush, but they generally do have a good amount of cool guys. They will gladly have you come out to rush, you may just have to make the first move.

By: @OP
#3  by: Honestly I wouldn't   

Greek life isn't as strong at Auburn and the smaller fraternities just aren't in good shape. Not very many quality guys, it would probably be a waste of your time and money

By: Honestly I wouldn't
by: GDIJun 26, 2013 1:22:14 AM

^^^2nd what that guy said you have no idea what you are talking about Greek life at Auburn is some of the best in the South East

By: GDI
#4  by: Truth   

I would advise you to try out DTD. They're definitely the best out of the small fraternities. However, they're getting bigger and better real quick so keep that in mind.

By: Truth
by: pfffJun 25, 2013 2:07:34 PM

This is clearly coming from a DTD. No one recommends any other fraternities other than their own. I don't discourage any, but you're an idiot if you think this dude isn't a da dee da.

By: pfff
#5  by: -   

Considering the smaller fraternities, which are more involved, have parties, and do absolutely nothing

By: -
#6  by: GDI   

Go to Auburn IFC website with all the fraternities. You can 1. email the rush chairs ( all their emails are provided) or have them come to you and go to their website (also linked on the IFC list) and fill out rush info and they will contact you. No shame in either and talk to rush chairs and see what is best for you. Talk to as many of as few as you want, go to rush events, meet their brothers listen to their pitch and form your own opinion

By: GDI
#7  by: Honesty   

Good ones : Phi Tau, Delta Sig, DTD, Phi Sig

Bad: TKE, Delta Chi, Theta Xi, idk the rest their not really important

By: Honesty
#8  by: ?   

why not just wait and find out for yourself..

By: ?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.