facebook

fraternities

by: Southern rushee

What fraternities are better in each category? - parties, involvement, brotherhood, etc. Also, what type of guys would I find in each of the bigger or "top" ones? And then what are considered the "top tier" fraternities at Auburn? I don't care about an order, just who's in the top group whether it be a top 5, 10, 15 or whatever.

Posted By: Southern rushee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: I'd say   

That's pretty spot on, nice work

By: I'd say
#2  by: When you say   

parties are you talking about how much their brothers like to party or how good their parties actually are? If you're talking about the latter then putting Sig Ep that high is a joke. I've literally never seen their party barn full and it's not even that big

By: When you say
#3  by: hi   

I'm so wet right now.

By: hi
#4  by: @HAHAHA   

Yeah, no. Go look at Farmhouse, Sigma Pi, and ATO. Those are your biggest self-raters. Enough people just like Theta Chi to where they're on top. Still self-rank, but not near to the extent of those other 3.

By: @HAHAHA
by: NoJun 17, 2013 6:21:40 AM

Theta Chi def self rates the most. FH, Sigma Pi, and ATO are probably 3 of the more involved fraternities on campus. They may not be the best, but they don't have to self rank when you are as involved and well known on campus as they are. A few of them may be higher then they should be but you're just in your own world if you don't agree they are popular around campus for their contributions to multiple areas at Auburn.

By: No
by: @@noJun 19, 2013 3:21:40 PM

You sound like a real tool. Your off the hook enjoy it!

By: @@no
by: @???Jun 20, 2013 12:42:20 AM

I know everyone puts them above LXA, Sig Pi, and Sig Ep. No most people would those three in the top 10 so ipso facto, Theta Chi is commonly known as a top 10 fraternity. I used to agree with you on the selective thing until I met some of the guys in their most recent pledge class. They were really chill and the girl loved them. Easily could've gotten bids at other top fraternities. Now that their name is up, they can be more selective, but I do agree they used to carpet bid before this passed year. If you don't believe me, go and meet their last year's pledge class and it'll change your mind.

For people that don't know much about this stuff, here's a kindergarten summary: Theta Chi used to suck very recently, like 3+ years ago. They've recently gotten much better. Because of this, many guys in other fraternities don't like seeing a new aggressive player on the playground, so they rip on them very hard to try and bring them down to prevent Theta Chi from taking solid rushes. Bottom line, nobody likes competition. This same thing happened with Beta years back when they went from being very bad to very good in a short time.

By: @???
#5  by: @ For rushees   

Solid Ratings

By: @ For rushees
#6  by: South   

hard on Theta Chi. It is just like they were to Beta. But they too were good in baseball this year, have GREAT parties (I went to Caveman as a guest and will next year, too), great brotherhood (they and Farmhouse are known for that) and basically a great group of guys from all over (city, small towns, in-state and out- of- state. I wrote more on Theta Chi because it is unfair to be honest about them. I guess they should be happy with the comments from others becauase if nobody is talking about you then you are a nobody.

Auburn is full of great frats. I am sure all of the above will have good pledge classes.

By: South
#7  by: agree   

South you for the most part you are right with all the fraternities. I would put lambda chi and sigma pi in the mix. I admire FH because they stand up for their beliefs and some good looking girls do hang with them. All true about BETA and Theta Chi - change is hard for some. But KA does still have some small town guys - they just keep to themselves more and the city boys hang with their hometown friends in other fraternities - so wrong to say only city boys in KA. But mainly agree with your post(s).

By: agree
#8  by: Yup   

Lambda chi and Sigma pi are much better then phi delt, how good they were 30 years ago or w/e your talking about is irrelevant. Other then that you make some really good points, for the rushees reading this all the fraternities listed in this thread are worth checking out. They are all filled with different kind of guys and just make sure the one you pick is a group you feel like you fit in with. Also get to know your potential pledge brothers who have already accepted their bid at that particular fraternity, those are the guys you are going to be best friends with for the rest of your life not the older brothers.

By: Yup
#9  by: STOP   

Ok it's time for us to talk about another fraternity. Theta Chi is a great fraternity and everyone knows that whether you agree or not. But I'm tired of reading about Theta Chi and I'm sure many others are also. Haters go hate on someone else and supporters cool it for a bit. Just asking for a change of subject please because this is getting old.

By: STOP
#10  by: Auburn   

@South
Regarding FIJI - They were temporarily on alcohol probation last year and they should be back off of it this year. They're not considered a dry house like FH

By: Auburn
by: AuburnJun 22, 2013 12:50:41 AM

Yeah Fiji was dry because it was on probation for hazing but it is getting off of it in the fall and they will be able to have parties again and drink

By: Auburn

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.