facebook

sorority reputations, honestly

by: Incoming Freshman

Can someone please post one or two sentences about each sorority's reputation? Just what they're known for, whether it be gpa, partying, philanthropy etc... None of this "there aren't any reputations" and "every sorority is great", just get straight to what each sorority is known for around campus.
Thanks in advance!!

Posted By: Incoming Freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 5
#11  by: not a number rank!   

Okay here goes.

IFFFF you want to go to church with all your sisters and study all the time and have pretty strict rules- chi o, alpha gam, alpha chi, (3)

IFFF you want to be a rich "typical sorority girl" with a lot of stuck up people,and some, but hard to find, sweet people- adpi, kd, phi mu (3)

IFFF you want to be in a sorority that people kind of overlook, but nothing is wrong with them. some go out, some dont, some look like a beach whale who should be killed for their blubber, and some are models- aopi, dg, ddd (3)

IFFF you want to be in a party group. most of these have laxer rules than the others. very pretty girls, and again, some girls who they obviously took for numbers - sigma kappa, dz, piphi, zeta, alpha xi, kappa, gamma phi (7)

Theta is new and trying hard. but i cant categorize them as any of the four above. (1)

And, I dont want to hear "omg, i cant believe you rated ___ with _____"
i didnt rank on a number scale. just who i see out partying/ studying/ church/ ect and what my friends in those sororities say.

By: not a number rank!
by: gogreekFeb 28, 2013 9:12:07 PM

Probably the most accurate listing, lets be real

By: gogreek
by: ---Mar 1, 2013 12:20:18 PM

completely accurate

By: ---
by: GreekJul 31, 2014 1:49:13 PM

This is by far the most accurate rank on here

By: Greek
by: greeklifeOct 30, 2018 3:43:42 PM

A LOT has changed, gamma phi, kappa , and pi phi are doing very well here now and are very selective. Aopi and dz are more bottom tier now.

By: greeklife
#12  by: not a number rank!   

@not a number rank!
wouldn't put ADPi or AOPi in the "typical sorority girl" group. I think they fall more in with the group above them, maybe DG too. Not a bad stab.
@Really?
I don't think anyone is saying that's bad, just an over all view of the sororities. Whoeer wrote that qualified that all the sororities have a variety of girls above the list. It's not "juicy campus" I thought it was pretty nice myself. When did being pretty and having money become mean?
It's harder to answer your question at Auburn because, as it's been said before, they all have similar girls to choose from, so unless you really fall in one of the extremes, you will be very happy anywhere.

By: not a number rank!
#13  by: well my take   

These are my overall impressions...taken a little from @not a number rank

IF you want to go to church with all your sisters, study, and have pretty strict rules but a strong sisterhood chi o, alpha gam

If you want a more well rounded group that isn't "over" anything and a strong sisterhood ADPi, DG, DD, alpha chi, AOPi

IF you want to be a "typical sorority girl" with a mix of stuck up people and sweet people- kd, phi mu, Zeta

IF you want to be in a sorority that is an overall mix. sigma kappa, dz, piphi, kappa, gamma phi , AX

Theta is new and doing really well.

By: well my take
#14  by: Agree   

But, move ZTA and DDD into the group with over-all mix since ZTA def not with KD or PM.

By: Agree
#15  by: McCoy!   

Let me feed it to you from a fraternity guy's perspective. I'm not gonna write an essay about them, but just give you the general ranking of Auburn's sororities among greek guys here:
1. Alpha Gam
2. KD
3. Phi Mu
4. ADPi
5. Chi O
6. Pi Phi
7. Alpha Chi
8. Zeta
9. AOPi
10. Tri Delt
11. Sigma Kappa
12. DZ
13. Gamma Phi
14. DG
15. AZD
16. Kappa
17. Theta
When viewing this, keep in mind the main factor in how we guys rate sororities: Attractiveness

By: McCoy!
by: SureJan 30, 2013 6:36:32 AM

What guy spends that much time making a list? My listing:
ADP
AGD
AOP
AXD
AXO
AZD
Chi O
DDD
DG
DZ
GPB
KD
KKG
PBP
PM
S K
Zeta

By: Sure
by: DefinitelyJan 30, 2013 5:28:14 PM

A girl ranking. Agree no guy would ever spend this much time writing a lone editorial on the sorority page of the group they like and then come over here and take time to rank all the groups. Also agree with the alphabetical order ranking. Pan <3 all!

By: Definitely
by: a-zApr 30, 2013 12:01:28 AM

@sure... that's just alphabetical. creative.

By: a-z
#16  by: Guy   

Like all of them.

By: Guy
#17  by: Like   

The only thing I might add is that KD, Chi O, Alpha Gam, ADPi, and Phi Mu are probably the most selective when it comes to family wealth/social standing/zip code. Other than that, the tiers/reps aren't nearly as rigid as they are at Bama -- there are differences, but they're small differences.

By: Like
#18  by: Honest   

I am an Alpha Gam, and I LOVE my sorority and my sisters. It's the perfect place for because we focus on being well rounded girls (being involved, having great grades, having a good reputation, etc.) All of this was really important to me and I found a group of girls that values that so they are y best friends. With that being said, my closest friends or girls I know in other sororities that I also feel I could have been happy in are probably ADPi, AXO, DG, and AOPi. I think this group of sororities have similar focuses and value similar things. If you value these things, I think you could be very happy in any of them. If you are looking for something different, that is FINE! You'll find the ones that will be a great fit for you and even if it's not the one you thought it would be (because rush is competitive and you need to be prepared to not get your first choice, but hopefully you will!) DO NOT quit!! Give it a fair shot in any house because like everyone has said, houses are similar and have SO much to offer. You can find friends anywhere at Auburn, so give it your all and love every minute of it! War Eagle and good luck!

By: Honest
by: Salty!Aug 12, 2015 6:12:25 PM

Wow, you really hate Alpha Gam! It really reads as sour grapes...idk...seriously not nice. Most of all not true! My bff had a 3.6 hs gpa aand wasn't a legacy. Alpha Gams are very sweet, smart girls. It's so strange that you reposted something from 3 years ago.

By: Salty!
by: think about it thoNov 30, 2015 3:39:53 AM

ok. yes, alpha gam is full of sweet sweet girls, who are very involved with church, and tend to have good grades!! But hey, think about it for a second.... how many girls have y'all taken with below a 3.3... how many girls have you taken that may have not found god yet? how many girls have y'all taken that weren't the most involved person at school... maybe consider not judging others so harshly off of just what " you have herd about them". I have met a few alpha gams who judged me so hard when they found out my gpa and that i like to go out sometimes... maybe try focusing on that person and their personality!!! Love y'all!! but just think about it! And this is one of the few comments that pulled up when I clicked on this website... lol the date doesn't matter!

By: think about it tho
#19  by: Find   

I find all the reputations of all the sororities to be highly respectable. That is what the question was, IT didn't say rank any of them in order. I could list my own sorority also as I am very happy within my group, but I think that would be somewhat silly. Just come in and look around, you'll probably find a group you really want...in fact, a lot. Sometimes it's not the one you came for, but you'll find that most are very satisfied with what they get.

By: Find
#20  by: Dear @Honest   

ChiO and AGD grades and strong values
KD, PhiMu mix of grades and values but you're going to find more wearing/carrying labels
ADPi, AOPi, DG, AXO mix of grades, values and fun girls
Zeta, PhiPi, DDD, DZ very moderate groups with values that wear/carry labels and like to have fun
SK, GPB, Theta, KKG, AZD real mix of different types of girls

This explanation os more of how each group is more known. Bear in mind there are exception to every one of these stereotypes in every sorority. No group has every individual exactly as described.

By: Dear @Honest

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.