facebook

sororities

by: honestly

i'm so sick of all this hate. as someone else already mentioned... what happened to panhellenic love? i check this website almost every day to find a sincere comment (good or bad) to take as constructive criticism but all i see is self ranking and pointless/hateful posts just so one can be above all others. as someone already mentioned on this website (again lol) all the sororities fighting for a top tier spot are 67.something % so the .something wont make a difference. please move on with your lives

Posted By: honestly
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: !!!!!! :)   

OMG YES!!! and all these hateful posts aren't a good reflection on the entire greek system. Greeks are only like, what, 10% of the UCI population. We need to stick together and support each other

By: !!!!!! :)
#2  by: lol   

everyone has some good points and i hope that whoever reads this discussion gets encouraged to stop, because i've done it too and i'm sick of it #done

By: lol
#3  by: ummm   

Tiers matter for a number of reasons...

Why just join an average sorority when you can join a legacy of leaders, scholars and all-around successful women?

You should always strive for the best.

By: ummm
by: TrueFeb 5, 2014 12:27:03 PM

But the thing is we don't base tiers on that. We base tiers on shallow categories like popularity, physical appearance, social life... You don't see people rating based on academics, leadership, or kindness. Even with the options to rate about sisterhood, involvement, and classiness, most people just give hateful or self-ranked comments and don't actually evaluate those categories.

By: True
by: Reply to ummmFeb 5, 2014 1:22:04 PM

I agree with the person above me. If tiers were based on leadership, scholarship and success the current "top tier" sororities (hate that term) would have been bottom or middle tier at best. When you say tier you really mean "popularity/looks." As much as being good looking matters for women it shouldnt be the only way to measure success.

By: Reply to ummm
#4  by: agreed   

girls should join where they feel genuinely comfortable, or they'll be sorry. simple as that. that's why i like how fall recruitment at least you get to go to every house.

By: agreed
#5  by: Uhm rude   

I think you're missing the point ^

By: Uhm rude
#6  by: its   

its not that hard to say at least one good thing about each chapter. and those who continue to post negative/harsh things about chapters other than their own need to check themselves. Are you really that insecure about your own sorority that you need to go around bashing others?

By: its

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.