facebook

winter sorority recruitment

by: anongirl

I went through formal recruitment but didn't get a bid to the house I wanted. Should I try again in winter or does that seem pathetic?

Posted By: anongirl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: anongirl   

AXO to be specific

By: anongirl
by: to_anonNov 23, 2013 1:22:36 PM

If you went through formal recruitment in the fall and signed the form on bid night I believe you can't go through any sort of recruitment until next fall. You might want to double check with Panhellenic about though

By: to_anon
#2  by: ???   

Why would you want to belong to a house that didn't value you enough the first time around? Are you thinking about trying out other houses or going back to AXO?

By: ???
#3  by: anongirl   

Going back to axo, I see what you mean but for some reason I can't shake it.

by: lolNov 25, 2013 1:03:12 AM

Oh god don't go to AXO.

By: lol
by: ???Nov 25, 2013 5:47:00 PM

Were you down to just axo on the last night, or was there a second house still in the running? If there was a second house, did they offer you a slot at their house?

#4  by: Hmmm   

Someone I know went through formal recruitment and dropped (she ended up with bad houses) and then went through winter recruitment for AXO and ended up joining AXO. She didn't consider AXO during formal she said she talked to girls she didn't click with at all even after she was in AXO. You might have been unlucky and talked to girls you didn't click with and you might click better with girl during winter recruitment since it's more casual and you meet more girls.

By: Hmmm
#5  by: yesno   

If you were offered a bid to a different house and you chose not to accept it, then you cannot go through informal recruitment this school year.

If this is not the case, I would try going to recruitment events at multiple houses because you might find that you click better with girls elsewhere this time around.

By: yesno
#6  by: anongirl   

I dropped out of recruitment on preference night, so I did not accept a bid from any house.

by: ???Nov 26, 2013 10:47:56 PM

Yes, but was there another house that offered to recruite you, but you didn't want to bid? The comment #5 clarification is your answer as to whether or not you can even go through the process.

Let's say you got down to axo and chi o as your last two houses, and chi o offered you a bid, and axo did not, and you chose not to go with the chi o, even though you could have... therein lies the problem.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.