facebook

no bid...now what?

by: sad

I didn't get a bid. What's informal recruitment like? Is it harder to rush/do I have less of a chance because I've already been cut? What can I do to improve my chances?

Posted By: sad
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Apologies   

I'm sorry you didn't get a bid! I know that can be really heart breaking. Over the next few weeks chapters who didn't meet quota will be doing COB (continuous open bidding) to fill their remaining slots. Contact Panhellenic for contact info for each chapter. There will likely be informal in the fall with some chapters. also keep your ears open to your friends who's chapter may be seeking to fill some more spaces.

Don't feel down. You will find your place!!

By: Apologies
#2  by: sororitymom   

What happened during recruitment? Did you have your mind made up on who you wanted before you went through? Were you excited and upbeat to meet with each Chapter no matter what you thought their reputation was? What happened on Pref Night? Did you go to more than one Chapter and if so, did you Single Intention Preference? There are many things that contributed to your not receiving a bid. How was your relationship with your Recruitment Counselor? Is it possible for you to meet with her and ask her for candid, honest feedback about your Recruitment. Be ready to hear what she has to say.

Now is the time to brush yourself off, pick yourself up and decide if you want to be a part of the Greek system. If so, you need to be willing to accept whatever bid you receive. Keep your head up and join some groups. Make new friends and get involved. There are Greeks everywhere at MU and you will most likely make some Greek friends in non-Greek activities.

Good luck.

By: sororitymom

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.