facebook

how much for real

by: costs

I want to rush, but all the info I'm getting online about dues is really vague. If I join a sorority I have to pay for everything, so I need to know exactly how much it costs. I know it varies by chapter, but can someone give me some numbers for their specific sorority? I just don't want to walk into something like this blindly.

Posted By: costs
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: mu greek   

I know that in the past girls going through recruitment have been given a packet with more details on finance during recruitment week, if not you are free to ask your recruitment counselors! If they aren't as helpful as you would like, you can ask the girls during your time in the rooms, they will not tell you exact numbers but more than likely they can give you a better idea. I hope this helps!

By: mu greek
by: greekgirlJan 19, 2016 9:33:32 PM

each chapter also does payment plans where you can spread your bills out over the course of the semester rather than paying for the entire semester in september, which is nice if you can't afford to pay it all at once. new member dues will be more expensive because you are paying for things like your badge, but dues get cheaper after that. a lot of money depends on whether you want to buy every t-shirt, go to every exchange/ sisterhood event/ etc. the more you want to go to, the more it will cost, but there are also free things that sisters do at their house.

By: greekgirl
by: greekgirlJan 19, 2016 9:39:02 PM

oh - and i pay roughly 350 in dues for the semester.

exchanges are usually less than $10
date parties are usually less than $15 per person
mom and dads' weekend activities are usually more expensive (going to brewers games, having dinners downtown, going to a paint and sip place, etc.)
formal/ semi formal is around $20 a person
if you go to other chapter's philanthropy events they're usually $5
you have to buy shirts to participate in things like greek week and derby days but you can always borrow a shirt from someone in the sorority if needed

that's all i can really think of right now, but if you want to know anything else let me know!

By: greekgirl
#2  by: sophomore mu   

I know alpha phi, sigma kappa, and kappa delta are pretty expensive. I know AchiO is significantly less than those, no idea about the other two.

By: sophomore mu

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.