facebook

informal rush

by: marquetteu

How does informal rush work for first semester? What is the process like/how soon could one join.

Posted By: marquetteu
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: MU Greek   

Not all sororities go through informal recruitment in the fall, I HIGHLY recommend signing up for formal recruitment in the spring, even if you're not a freshman!

By: MU Greek
by: marquetteuAug 14, 2015 10:51:55 PM

Which ones don't? Also why. I just don't really want to wait that long

By: marquetteu
by: greekAug 17, 2015 2:36:01 PM

it depends from year to year, honestly. each year the chapters get a quota, and if they are below, they may consider doing informal in the fall to get a few more members. pledge classes are really small (usually between 3 and 6 members). I personally think spring rush is more rewarding because it's a week long process, you get to meet more women from each chapter, and you make a lot of friends in your "recruitment group", which you wouldn't get in the fall. What year in school are you?

By: greek
#2  by: mugreek   

informal recruitment in the fall is based on how close to quota the chapter is. Right now, quota, aka how many people Panhel allow you to have in your chapter, is around 160 something. So, when a chapter has girls that drop in between the last formal recruitment and now, they may be eligible for informal recruitment. A chapter can elect not to do informal recruitment even if they have "room" in the chapter. It is still undecided which chapters are going to hold informal recruitment. If you are not a freshman, contact the head of recruitment for whatever chapters you are interested in.

By: mugreek
#3  by: MU   

Everything mugreek said is spot on. Only sophomores or older are allowed to join through informal recruitment in the fall. Freshman have to wait until formal recruitment in the spring.

By: MU
#4  by: sdfghjk   

I don't know how it works for girls, but for guys they have tables set up at O-fest that you can sign up and learn about their rush events. Most frats also have tables set up at the dorms during rush

By: sdfghjk

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.