facebook

does everyone get a bid?

by: Potential Rushee

I am very interested in rushing a sorority at Marquette but I just have a couple questions!
1. What's rush week really like?
2. How is the selection process done?
3. Does everyone get a bid?
4. Is it hard to get a bid?
5. How often are girls put with the sorority they wanted?
Any and all answers are appreciated! Thanks:)

Posted By: Potential Rushee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: mugreek   

I'm glad to hear you're thinking about going through recruitment! I hope I can answer your questions!

1. What's rush week really like?

It's kind of scary, I'm not going to lie to you, but you get used to it. Recruitment is all about putting your best foot forward and having great conversations. Take it seriously, but nothing you say or do is the end of the world.

2. How is the selection process done?

The process is called "mutual selection," aka if you get invited back it means you liked them and they liked you. You can drop houses that liked you and houses you liked can drop you too. You will go to every house and narrow down your list one day at a time, the chapter do the same.

3. Does everyone get a bid?

No, and it's a bummer. There are a limited amount of spots in each chapter and greek life is only getting bigger. Hopefully with the addition of Kappa Delta the numbers will balance out.

4. Is it hard to get a bid?

Depends on how many girls sign up for recruitment and how well you fit with a chapter.

5. How often are girls put with the sorority they wanted?

It really comes back to mutual selection. I think the hardest part to understand is that even if you didn't get your top choice, you can still find your home. I know plenty of great women who got their second choice and fell in love. It's not about what you "wanted" as much as what the best fit for you is.

By: mugreek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.