facebook

costs

by: pnm

I am so excited to rush this year but was wondering what the overall/general cost of being in different houses are. Are some sororities more than others? Also do the girls care if you have money, will they judge you off of brands, etc. Please be honest! Thanks:)

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: sister   

Heyo!!! super glad you have decided to go through recruitment! It definitely has made my college experience better and has made Marquette feel more like home, and I think I can speak for most of the Marquette Greeks when I say that! As far as dues/ fees go, I would say they are pretty comparable between all of the houses. Your first semester in a sorority will be the most expensive, and honestly it might seem like a lot at first (new member fees, paying for a badge, etc.), but once that is paid for, dues are not so bad! I think every chapter also has payment plans, and we are really good at helping you finance your dues! I have friends at big state schools that pay around $1,000 per semester, and I pay less than $400/ semester here. But with dues, a lot of the money that you pay goes right back to you in one form or another (for example, dues may help lower the cost for social events such as formals and date parties, the money also pays for some things in the house which everyone in the sorority is able to use, and in some cases your dues can go towards lower t-shirt costs and miscellaneous things like that!). There are chapters on campus that are getting new houses, however, so their dues might become more expensive because of that (or maybe rent just might increase more for the girls that choose to live in the house. I'm not 100% sure about that one, sorry!!).

By: sister
#2  by: sister   

As far as brands go: Marquette is known for having a lot of wealthy students, but honestly this school is full of so many kind-hearted and selfless people. Good sisters will not judge you for what brands you wear or how much money your family makes. I honestly didn't even know what lilly pulitzer or vera bradley was before coming to Marquette, and not once have I felt judged for wearing knockoff brands. Hell, I still shop at Target and Kohls hahaha. One great thing about Marquette Greek life is we really focus on establishing meaningful friendships and connections with girls in our chapters as well as with girls in other sororities on campus, so I would not worry about brands/ looks/ anything like that because I promise you will find the chapter that makes you feel most at home!

If you do have any other questions or want to know about recruitment information feel free to follow Marquette Panhellenic Association on Facebook to stay updated or ask questions!!

hope this helped :)

By: sister

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.