facebook

interactions

by: .

This might be a stupid question but do top and top-mid fraternities/sororities still associate with ones towards the bottom? I'm in a bottom-mid and I really just wanna be friends with everyone

Posted By: .
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Unfortunately    

That's not how it works. Tops hang out with tops, and mids hang out with mids 95% of the time, that's just how it's done here unfortunately. However for game day tailgates you usually can hop around a bit to a house you're not paired with that week.

By: Unfortunately
by: Warning Aug 28, 2015 3:55:13 PM

Be careful when it comes to "hopping around". You don't want to be seen as rude or feel completely out of place for crashing other houses' events.

By: Warning
by: Unfortunately Aug 28, 2015 3:58:54 PM

I definitely agree to above, but it definitely happens and even though it's polite "sorority etiquette" to stick with your fraternity pair, I've been told by some guys they really don't care if you visit

By: Unfortunately
by: AlsoAug 28, 2015 4:03:32 PM

Definitely agree with above. Be respectful of other houses and shy away from spending all your time at one house, especially if you don't know many people there. I can't tell you how many girls unknowingly label themselves as desperate groupies by spending virtually all their spare time at XYZ.

By: Also
#2  by: Depends    

For certain events - socials, game days, homecoming - sororities and fraternities pair up. Those are then limited to the invited chapters.

However, there are open parties, date functions, and philanthropies where people mix it up more. Houses of all types participate in one another's philanthropies. Plus, chapters tend to pair up for Dance Marathon in ways that aren't the same as for socials.

You also get to meet people in things like student government, other clubs, etc who are Greek. Don't stress about it. There will be certain chapters that your house tends to hang out with more than others, but besides invite-only events, there's no rule against socializing!

By: Depends
by: Don't worryAug 29, 2015 11:19:45 AM

This is a good post. You'll tend to see large groups of matching tiered houses, but a lot of that is inertia. You have homecoming or a lot of events, you make friends and keep coming around. But for example on a road trip you'll basically see at least one girl from like 12 different houses, nobody is breaking up or resisting a relationship or friendship because of letters. (Except pike)

By: Don't worry
#3  by: UGH!   

So exclusive! Who would want any part of this? You all think you are better than everyone else don't you?

By: UGH!
by: EekkAug 28, 2015 4:27:21 PM

Oh my....

By: Eekk
by: LolAug 28, 2015 5:01:41 PM

Funny.....You don't sound the least bit bitter.

By: Lol
by: TrueAug 30, 2015 7:53:46 PM

omg lol

By: True
#4  by: dont be too discouraged   

I'm in a middle and my boyfriend is in a top. Yes our chapters don't have things together, and yes socials and paired functions are a no no to go to, but I'm still a frequenter of their parties and I've been to all the date functions. Gameday everyone hops around but usually waiting an hour or a little more before you go elsewhere is etiquette.

By: dont be too discouraged
#5  by: ddd   

The only two "tiers" that count are Heaven and Hell. I am flabbergasted that so many spend so much time and energy obsessing over puerile "rankings" of sororities and fraternities.

By: ddd
by: Talk about puerileAug 28, 2015 6:49:35 PM

Talk about puerile "ddd" poster, you've spent all day posting the same statement on nearly every thread and no one has responded or engaged you. Grow up and get a life. Isn't there more productive and positive things you could be doing? Everyone knows this site is generally superficial, not a representation of Greek life as a whole but rather a mere sliver of it. I'm assuming your not a ddd but if you are you are embarrassing them. Just like we tell all our girls, Get off this site! No good comes from it.

By: Talk about puerile
by: dddAug 28, 2015 7:00:10 PM

No one has responded? LOL. I get 10 thumbs up for every thumb down! So, many are listening and agree with me! Thanks for playing!

by: SadAug 28, 2015 7:02:09 PM

"Ddd" you make me very sad with all your negativity. You don't sound like any of the Greek women I know.

By: Sad
by: LolAug 28, 2015 7:05:24 PM

Lol to "ddd" thinking thumbs up mean something.

By: Lol
#6  by: ddd   

rankings = puerile hallucinations of the insecure

#7  by: tiers   

you can hang with whoever you want, but sororities do official events with frats in their "social network"

By: tiers
#8  by: Senior   

Those top tiers will be working for those lower tiers after college. Just saying.

By: Senior
by: yesAug 30, 2015 7:59:13 PM

^^^^^^ yes

By: yes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.