facebook

legacy

by: .

I have a friend that rushed last year who told me that she got dropped from houses because she was a legacy to another house (her sister was in a sorority at UF). Can that really be a reason? Will houses do that?

Posted By: .
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ...   

If a house is given the strong impression that a girl won't choose them it's understandable that they would instead ask back a girl who they think is a more likely prospect. However, it's highly probably your friend doesn't actually know for a fact this was the reason she was cut and is instead speculating.

By: ...
#2  by: Basically    

If a house really wants you they'll fight for you unless its pretty apparent that their wasting their time.

By: Basically
#3  by: The original poster   

I asked her about her conversations and most houses didn't bring her sister up (and neither did she), and the ones that did she told them that her sister told her to go wherever she is most comfortable, so she's not going to join a sorority just because her sister is in it. But she got dropped by like 10 houses between first and second round and she is really nice and pretty...so do you think it was because she's a legacy?

By: The original poster
by: Doesn't sound like it.Aug 25, 2015 7:56:28 AM

It sounds doubtful this was the reason. Tons of legacies go through rush and houses know just because a girl is a legacy doesn't mean she wants to join the houses she's a legacy to. Girls choose to not join their legacy houses all the time. I hope she found happiness in her sisters house!

By: Doesn't sound like it.
#4  by: .   

The houses would definitely know you're a legacy but if you show genuine interest they may still want you

By: .
#5  by: stop the insanity   

Legacy doesn't matter anymore at UF. This isn't the 70's and 80's. This is 2015 where recommendation letters don't matter and no one cares if you are a legacy. The only thing that matters is who do you have on the "INSIDE" of the house that knows you this week in 2015. If you got dropped from 10 houses its because NO one knew you before you walked in the house! Don't feel guilty about it....its just how the system works. If you don't Like the houses you have then go through next year when you know more people.......

By: stop the insanity
#6  by: Original poster    

Is there a point in saying you're a legacy? I know very nice and pretty girls who have been dropped from their legacy houses. So if other houses will potentially drop you for it, and the legacy house may still drop you anyways, what's even the point in putting that on the form?

By: Original poster
#7  by: Pshh   

Some chapters love to steal legacies too. I doubt that it would be a reason for many houses to cut a woman from recruitment

By: Pshh
#8  by: DISCOUTS   

christian louboutin cheap cheap michael kors christian louboutin outlet The Nasdaq composite rose or 0 cheap oakleys cheap christian louboutin christian louboutin cheap border last summer, sparking a political crisis in the United States cheap michel kors bags cheap christian louboutin shoes cheap christian louboutin shoes s a good chance you michael kors handbags outlet christian louboutin outlet oakleys outlet The ship, which docked in San Pedro early in the day, will undergo a deep cleaning before embarking on its next voyage Sunday night, Lomax said michael kors outlet cheap christian louboutin shoes cheap christian louboutin outlet

By: DISCOUTS

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.