facebook

round 3-pref

by: Just wondering

How likely are you to make it to pref round with a sorority if you make it to round 3? Or is there any way to answer that? Just wondering if the deepest cuts have been made already

Posted By: Just wondering
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: to just wondering   

after today the deepest cuts come. hang on ladies the fun is just about the start. get the tissues out and the blame of a computer glitch everyone says the same thing every year.

By: to just wondering
by: ?Aug 23, 2015 5:34:56 PM

So if I only had two houses for round 3 is it likely I won't get called back for prefs??

By: ?
by: be positiveAug 23, 2015 6:00:07 PM

the houses that invited you back will want you. embrace them.

By: be positive
by: Same boatAug 23, 2015 6:36:17 PM

Last year I was invited back to three chapters for round three. One of which I was a UF legacy. I was cut by my mom's chapter and the another house so I ended up with one pref. At first I was disappointed that I didn't have any options but I love my house. Honestly the system somehow works out even though it is stressful! Good luck.

By: Same boat
by: Release figuresAug 23, 2015 6:43:16 PM

It differs from house to house. Some have to release heavily early on so they are not stringing along girls that they are unlikely to offer bids to. Some have more invitations to offer early but that tapers off later on.

A preference invitation is a big deal because if a chapter invites you to pref, that means you WILL be on a bid list. You might be top, you might be bottom, but once you are invited to pref, your name will appear on their bid list somewhere. For many chapters, if there are legacies that they decide aren't a good fit, this is when they will release the PNM so that the woman can pursue other options.

An invitation to preference means that chapter would definitely be willing to have you in their house. You may still wind up at your second or third choice, but everywhere you pref must list you on a bid list, so it is serious business.

By: Release figures
#2  by: No   

The person above it just trolling. Biggest cuts happen after 1 and 2

By: No
by: nopeAug 23, 2015 6:23:15 PM

not true in my house.

By: nope
#3  by: My house   

Maybe not the biggest cuts but the most serious are after round 3- for the reason above- each person will be put on the chapter bid list- each person that comes to prefs at our house has the potential to be a sister and so it is a serious time to check and see whether that PNM is a good fit. If not then they are released so they can find their home

By: My house
by: rightAug 23, 2015 7:20:45 PM

thats what i meant. not that it was a deep cut in terms of numbers. but the seriousness of the cut. by now all are more emotional

By: right
#4  by: cuts   

L sometimes having only two houses means you will get a call you are released from recruitment or no call at all you made it to prefs. No matter what happens what is meant to be well be.

By: cuts
by: rightAug 23, 2015 7:28:59 PM

if you don't get a call after tonight and you go to prefs you will have a house to call your own.

By: right
by: cutsAug 23, 2015 8:21:23 PM

wait when would you get the call that you didn't make it to prefs?

#5  by: gigi   

Got invited to 5 houses this round what is my chances of getting in a house?

By: gigi
by: good!Aug 23, 2015 8:07:37 PM

if you went to 5 houses you should get a bid. what houses did you go to? just curious

By: good!
#6  by: cuts   

Yes

#7  by: Just wondering   

So if we don't hear from our Pi Chi's by tomorrow at 2 or so we are getting a pref?

By: Just wondering
#8  by: DISCOUTS   

christian louboutin cheap cheap michael kors christian louboutin outlet The Nasdaq composite rose or 0 cheap oakleys cheap christian louboutin christian louboutin cheap border last summer, sparking a political crisis in the United States cheap michel kors bags cheap christian louboutin shoes cheap christian louboutin shoes s a good chance you michael kors handbags outlet christian louboutin outlet oakleys outlet The ship, which docked in San Pedro early in the day, will undergo a deep cleaning before embarking on its next voyage Sunday night, Lomax said michael kors outlet cheap christian louboutin shoes cheap christian louboutin outlet

By: DISCOUTS

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.