facebook

mama bear

by: upset mom

My daughter is going through rush and she only ended up with 3 houses in this last round when other girls have up to 7. My daughter is very pretty, smart and was very popular in high school. She is very upset and as a mother I am upset too. Does anyone have any words of wisdom here?

Posted By: upset mom
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Be grateful    

I have one house! Literally one house, why not be grateful for the opportunities given to your daughter? She needs to take a deep breath and either drop or just accept that she's been given some more chances than other girls that have been dropped completely, etc.

By: Be grateful
#2  by: 3 not bad   

3 houses isn't bad at all. So many girls had 3 or less houses for 2nd round. There's a good chance those girls with a full schedule are good friends with girls in-house.

By: 3 not bad
#3  by: To mom   

There's a thread below with advice for PNM moms who are upset. I too only had a few houses for round 3 but all it takes is one, and even the most exceptional PNMs will get released from many houses because in the end, each woman can only have one chapter and each chapter takes a class of roughly the same size. I was very sad too but wound up in a place that grew on me over time and I came to love very dearly.

By: To mom
#4  by: Wisdom   

Each year the number of PNMs increases, which is why UF Panhellenic has invited two new organizations to join. This year Gamma Phi Beta and next year Alpha Phi. In reality this is probably the first time in your daughter's life that she has faced an obstacle on her own and rejection can be extremely difficult to navigate through. Every chapter at UF has over 200 members. As you can imagine, each house is filled with talented young ladies as they all were admitted into UF. Just be supportive and encouraging when she calls to talk with you. The process might not have gone as she or even you imagined BUT it is a huge honor to be extended an invitation to return. These houses see something special in your daughter or they would have released her too. Tell her to have fun today and don't look back with regret because in the end she will be happy and fit in where she lands. I know as a mom that will make you happy too!

By: Wisdom
by: mama bearAug 23, 2015 3:20:38 PM

thank you for the advice. I was afraid I would be attacked for being on here and also for the accolades I said about my daughter. It was an honor for her to get into UF and I know all the other girls are top notch girls too. I am just a mama bear and want the best for her - like any other mom. I am thankful now that she had 3 to go to. Thank you.

By: mama bear

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.