facebook

is this even statistically possible?!

by: P.K.

Our neighbors have a daughter (older than me) in a house. When she rushed, her mom kept bragging all week that no one ever cut her throughout the process. Would she have been invited back to every single house until she made her preferences known?! It's a mutual selection process and I've never, ever heard of anyone in this situation. If so, it'd give hope but if not, it just reinforces the braggart mother. Thanks!!!!

Posted By: P.K.
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Uh....   

I've never known this to happen.

By: Uh....
#2  by: .   

There is such a thing as a "perfect rush" basically where when you do make cuts from 16 to 11 houses etc, if you list your top 11 and your bottom 5 don't get filtered back in, all 11 asked you back. Same thing when you list your top 7 next round and list your bottom 4, and your top 7 ask you back. There is no such thing as all sororities asking you back, however.

By: .
#3  by: P.K.   

Thank you for the details! This is what I've been saying!

By: P.K.
#4  by: P.K.   

I hit the "submit" button too soon.

How often has a perfect rush happened? I doubt this girl even had a perfect rush because she really wanted one sorority from Summer B. all the way through prefs and then suddenly she was tweeting that she was matched to her "top choice" which was another sorority! I think she was saving face since her mother can't handle failure. Who cares, right?! It's better to be honest so other girls don't get a false sense of security and are better prepared for possible disappointments. I've been saying what you said - although not as well - so thank you for answering my question in understandable terms!

By: P.K.
#5  by: Ally   

My daughter had the perfect rust not bragging but she never got cut

By: Ally
by: AllyAug 22, 2015 4:09:46 PM

Meant to say rush

By: Ally
by: hey allyAug 22, 2015 5:07:00 PM

first who cares? second...doubtful. third why are on here if your daughter is already in sorority?

By: hey ally
by: A.H.Aug 22, 2015 6:14:08 PM

Oh, hi there, Mrs. H.!

By: A.H.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.